ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What do they check before a COA is issued?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lmuee08

What do they check before a COA is issued?

Post by lmuee08 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi guys,

Just got my COA issued (faster than I expected) last week. Very interested to find out what do they check or first screening when they issue the COA. Does anyone know?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:58 pm

If you apply alone, they just check list to see if you have provided all the required documents for the application. They don't examine the evidence, just that it is there.

If you apply together with the EEA national, they will usually issue a CoA when issuing the relevant document to the EEA national i.e. after the evidence for the EEA national has been examined.

lmuee08

Post by lmuee08 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:19 pm

Jambo wrote:If you apply alone, they just check list to see if you have provided all the required documents for the application. They don't examine the evidence, just that it is there.

If you apply together with the EEA national, they will usually issue a CoA when issuing the relevant document to the EEA national i.e. after the evidence for the EEA national has been examined.
Jambo, Thanks for your reply. It was a joint application. But only the COA arrived last Friday, no document to the EEA national. Would it normal?

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Jambo wrote:If you apply alone, they just check list to see if you have provided all the required documents for the application. They don't examine the evidence, just that it is there.

and do they usually examine the documents if its not a joint application.. ???
i applied by myself and my COA arrived about 3 days ago..

another thing as well, does it mean that once COA is issued they dont need more documents..

thx

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:53 am

I would not put too much meaning into the CoA. As the name suggests, it's just an administrative document and doesn't reflect the outcome of the application.

Each application can be slightly different. In most cases recently, the PR confirmation was sent out with the CoA but if this is not your case, it doesn't mean you won't get it in a few days. Also it doesn't mean the case worker won't ask later for additional documents when he is reviewing the application.

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:03 am

thank you Jambo,

it just because when i sent my application I had a domestic violence and it was for retention right of residence and PR..
im just worried as i dont know anyone who had applied for PR with difficult circumstance such as DV..
I Was told it will be assigned to a senior caseworker.. but i m just getting worried

lmuee08

Post by lmuee08 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:00 pm

Thanks Jambo.

It will be a breath holding Christmas I'm sure.

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:53 pm

I have a feeling yours will be ok, and hopefully mine as well will be.. just lets keep updating

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:55 pm

@Azhar:
How long did it take to issue the coa?

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:27 am

Less than a month