ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for another course in UK

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sontantan47
Newly Registered

Apply for another course in UK

Post by sontantan47 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:25 pm

HI everybody,

I have some question about appplying Visa for another course.

I'm studying master here, and my course will finish in February next year. My visa will expire in 30/ May next year
Now i am planning to study ACCA course in London school of business and Finance ( LSBF), this course will start in 31 of August, so I wonder how to apply for that. I do not know how long I can apply Visa for a new course in advance because I want to apply the new Visa before my current visa expired

So do you think I have chance to apply Visa for that course in here?

Looking forward to hear from your advises

Many thanks

sontantan47
Newly Registered

Post by sontantan47 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:47 am

Could anyone help me for my question above?

Many thanks :D :D

stephalphs
Newly Registered

Post by stephalphs » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:47 am

Am not an expert, but the guidance says you cannot apply in-country for a course that starts more than 1 month after your current visa expires.
Since PSW will still be available then, why not apply for it instead when you finish your course in February? This is assuming you get your result and get all the requirement before it closes in April.
You can still study with PSW but it gives you more right to work. At the same time, you can switch from PSW to student visa after you start your course or less than a month after it should start.
Goodluck