ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

age gap need help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

soqrates
Newly Registered

age gap need help

Post by soqrates » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:33 am

dear sirs im new in here and i want an advise im a male living in Jordan im Jordanian nationality and im married and my wife from united kingdom we have been married in Jordan November 23 2011 we been in relationship 3 years now

and when we called immigration consulting to help us for me to optien a spouse visa they said i will fail it cuz of the age gap shes 43 and i am 24 what i should do in t his case is he was lieing on me or its truth that i cant live with her in uk ? once on 27/12/2010 i made visa to go uk and married her over there i got refused cuz i missed paper like bank statement a paper show that she is free to married a wedding place but they never mention on the refusal about the age gap can some one help me plz

Bingobango
Newly Registered

Post by Bingobango » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:12 pm

I dont belive your age is a good enough reason to deny you a visa, yes it may raise some eyebrows and cause your relationship to come under more scrutiny but they will have no legal grounds to refuse your visa on the sole grounds she 19 years older than you.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:23 pm

The application will come under close scrutiny though...so make sure you're able to show sufficient finances to support yourselves (and any children in the family) and that you have adequate accommodation.