ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (14 years) - application returned for lack of evidence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Onlinealien
Newly Registered

ILR (14 years) - application returned for lack of evidence

Post by Onlinealien » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:29 pm

I applied for ILR set(0) 14 years overstayer, two months ago and today I found out that the home office send back the application by post second class, so it took 10 days and they asked to send it back in 14 days!

For some years, at the beginning of my stay in the UK I never received bills or any documents to prove my stay. I used to share places and didn't receive any bills.

They are asking me to send them evidence documents of the gap years I left in the application.

Has anybody had this problem in his ILR application and will it be a serious problem when they will decide my case.

Thanks

Lcity
Newly Registered

Re: ILR (14 years) - application returned for lack of eviden

Post by Lcity » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:14 pm

Onlinealien wrote:I applied for ILR set(0) 14 years overstayer, two months ago and today I found out that the home office send back the application by post second class, so it took 10 days and they asked to send it back in 14 days!

For some years, at the beginning of my stay in the UK I never received bills or any documents to prove my stay. I used to share places and didn't receive any bills.

They are asking me to send them evidence documents of the gap years I left in the application.

Has anybody had this problem in his ILR application and will it be a serious problem when they will decide my case.

Hi ,
I did not have the bills myself as well but I sent a letter from HMCR which confirmed that I was working therefore proved that I was in this country. Also if you had registered with the GP you could get a letter from them. If you went to college any paperwork at that particular period would help, eg certificates or enrolment letters.
I hope that this is of help. Am in the 9th week myself waiting.
Good luck.
Lcity
Thanks

Onlinealien
Newly Registered

Post by Onlinealien » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:29 am

Thanks Lcity,

I had about four years gaps ( separated) . I had a certificate from uni and later bills and bank statements at later stage of my 14 years overstay. For somebody who is not entitled to do anything as an illegal immigrant, how do they expect me to provide of all evidences of my overstay as if I have been a normal citizen. I forgot the times I moved in and out places -sometimes kicked out due to inability to pay the rent.

Just how my hurdles I have to jump ! Or may they think I will live 200 years.

The fact that they sent my app back second class stamp with all important docs means that the Home Office is looking for any possible trick to fail the case. It took ten days to reach my solicitor and they expect the application to be back in 14 days!

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:08 pm

Try and get anything to prove you are here.Did your solicitor check your documents?

cobra

Re: ILR (14 years) - application returned for lack of eviden

Post by cobra » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:33 pm

Onlinealien wrote:I applied for ILR set(0) 14 years overstayer, two months ago and today I found out that the home office send back the application by post second class, so it took 10 days and they asked to send it back in 14 days!

Thanks
Hi,
Don`t panic, your first day will start when you received the mail, definitely sure your mail is dated by Royal Mail