ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Annual Earning ( Gross or Basic )

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cmyaseen

Annual Earning ( Gross or Basic )

Post by cmyaseen » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:54 am

i m working in Saudi Arabai frm the last 3 years, nd claiming points of annual earning for HSMP, i ve some doubts i will be very thankful if someone can help me.

1: frm the company i m taking only the Basic Salary as Accomodation, Food nd transport is provided by the company. On the salary slip they write only the basic salary but on the salary Certificate i can ask frm them for the Gross Salary including all allowances, So i want to ask what salary should i consider either Gross or Basic for HSMP?

2: in last one year i went 2 times on vocation, so of those two months i dont have salary slip nd even no transection in bank as i took salary n advance by hand. So can i consider these 2 monts n earning?

3: There s no tax in saudia so what to provide to prove tht nd what to attach instead of tax papers?

waiting for a better response frm the senior nd experience people.
thanks alot

desertman

Post by desertman » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:08 pm

i also ve the same question, will u plz tell us tht if we r getting basic salary so can we consider our gross salary as annual earning?

waiting for replies frm senior nd expert people.

thanks

Post by 1971 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:18 pm

Hi All,

HO considers only the Gross Salary. But you must present 12 months payslips with evidences of tax returns. If tax returns doesn't exist, please include your bank statements and a strong cover letter explaining all the reasons why there are no tax returns as this is peculiar to your country of origin or residence.

On the 2 months without payslips, plaese, let you employer give you a letter sating reasons why that salary was not paid into your bank and also you write a cover letter stating the details.

Regards.

cmyaseen

Post by cmyaseen » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:22 am

thanks alot 1971 for ur reply.

Will u plz also tell me tht :

1: The salary tht s written on my salary slips is basic salary nd same s transfering to bank but the salary tht s written on my salary certificate is Gross Salary, As the amount on Salary slips is less than tht s on the Salary Certificate, so which one they will consider Either tht s on salary slips(basic) or that one tht s on Salary Certificate(Gross)???
I m n text free country so no tax papers.

2: The annual bonus tht i took is by cash nd is mentioned on one reciept tht s same like salary slip but s not transfered to bank so there s not transection of bonus in bank statement... And my employer s not giving me letter of this prove tht i m entitled for bonus.. So can i consider it as annual earning with only one prove of evidance ???

please must tell me abt this.

thanks alot

cmyaseen

Post by cmyaseen » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:13 am

moderators nd other senior members.
plz help me out nd give me ur suggestions regarding this issue.

thanks alot

v3

Post by v3 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:45 am

This is quote from the caseworkers guidelines ----

There are some countries that do not have a tax system, such as Saudi Arabia. If an
applicant has worked in a country where tax is not paid then you should consider the
evidence supplied. The evidence should still be of the kind listed in this guidance,
but more than the two pieces of evidence may be required to clearly demonstrate the
amount earned.
For instance, an applicant may have supplied a letter from the employer and wage
slips, but the figures are not consistent. This would require further evidence, such as
bank statements, to illustrate what amount has been paid to the applicant.
If the applicant has been exempt from paying tax in a country they have been
working in, and therefore have no tax documentation as evidence, then they will need
to provide two other forms of evidence of their earnings
cheers
v3

v3

Post by v3 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:47 am

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/docume ... rguidance/

if you read the past earnings carefully from the pdf in link above all answers will be answered to you :)

good luck
cheers
v3

cmyaseen

Post by cmyaseen » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:42 am

i read these before, there they say tht u have to provide at least 2 evidance but n my case, the evidance that i ve, both have different ammount, mean on one salary slips it s basic but on employer letter it s gross.. and i want to claim points for Gross on employer letter not for basic tht s less than the required.
i dont ve ny other prove of Gross salary instead of this letter frm employer.

so this is my confusion tht can i consider Gross salary with only one strong prove, it will be also attested from Chamber of Commerece. ???

v3

Post by v3 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:13 pm

i wud suggest make it consistent...

> try getting employee letter saying ur groos salary is xxxx
> show ur bank statment
> also as u said get attested from recognised authority as u said
cheers
v3

cmyaseen

Post by cmyaseen » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:31 am

thanks V3 for ur kind help.

Now i will attach the following docs to claim points for earnings.

1: Salary Slips with Basic Salary only
2: Employer letter with Gross Salary, will also attest it frm Chamber of Commerce. (I will consider this earning to gain points)
3: CA Statement frm CA firm with all the detail of earnings like Housing Allowance, Food, annual bonus.

I will write in the covering letter tht company is not giving me all the docs so tht s y i made this CA statement.

Will all these documents be enough for claiming points for earning or not? plz also guide me abt it.

thanks alot

cmyaseen

Are these documents Sufficient for Earning

Post by cmyaseen » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:47 pm

Will u plz tell me that r these documents enough for earning points. I m n an tax free country.

1: Appointment letter with basic salary nd other allowances.
2: Letter from Manager with stating Basic salary and allowance on letter head but with out stamp.
3: letter frm HR with Basic Salary with stamp(will also attest it frm Chamber of Commerce.)
4: CA Statement frm CA firm.

5: Salary Slips with Basic Salary only (optional: if there s need of it but i m caliming points for gross salary)

Will all these documents be enough for claiming points for earning or not? plz also guide me abt it.

I m strongly requesting to all the senioer member to help me.

thanks alot