ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raja1976
Newly Registered

Post by raja1976 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:58 pm

hi vanilla82

dont worry, normally time starts from acknow letter. if your case is straight forward which it seems then you dont have to worry. it can take longer than normal (as it happened in my case) but they cant reject.

best of luck

sagor
Newly Registered

Post by sagor » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:29 pm

I am starting to worry now .. Just stepped into 11th week ...

neerukonda9
Newly Registered

Good News to share

Post by neerukonda9 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:17 am

Good Morning

Happy to share you the news that my ILR application is successful and below is the detailed info.

Posted on 28/09/11
Reached Payment Section 29/09/11
Acknowledgement on 03/10/11
Passport stamped on 22/11/11
Passport received 28/11/11(sent to my OLD address even though mentioned in covering letter to send work address.

I have gap in visa stamps once for 10 days in 2005 and again 25 days , But I must tell you that I made the applications on both occasions in time and I forgot to mention that in the covering letter and I sent last week(Thursday) another letter to highlight these gaps and reasons behind but decision was already made and passport stamped by the time letter reached.

I haven't enclosed SAS or MP letter or Reply Envelope.
I have enclosed 6 months pay slips, bank statements and Employer letter along with P60.

I believe as long as we make the application in time or even with 10days gap just once the application will be successful and I spoke to my lawyer
HO rep and they did if the passport is lying with HO technically the applicant is under 'deemed leave' and that will not be considered as gap even though there is a gap in the visa stampings.

So I request every awaiting applicant just don't rely on the visa stampings
but HO might have got their own records and interpretations for rules in place.

Finally even if everything in place unless GOD's will is with you things could go wrong.

Please let me know if you any pending applicants got any queries I am happy to support within my available info and resources.

GOOD LUCK to all the waiting applicants and a BIG thank you for the MODERATORS of this forum specially 'Mr. Mehta, Vein. AK'

Many thanks again for the support and useful info from this forum.

Maruti

vien1206

Re: Good News to share

Post by vien1206 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:25 pm

Congratulations Maruti! A very quick turn-around for you despite the gaps. Hope you all the best in the future.

Regards,
vien1206

sagor
Newly Registered

Post by sagor » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:16 pm

Hi everyone , my waiting time fallen into 11th week.. Is there any thing else I can do. Such as write to HO or anything else ? What would you advice ?

cr7
Newly Registered

Post by cr7 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Hi,

I've been a silent follower and I've got my ILR today. I had a 4 day gap between the visas back in 2004, but it is no problem. My timeline is as follows:

Sent: 20 September 2011
Ack letter date: 22 September 2011
ILR stamp date: 21 November 2011
Received: 29 November 2011 (via special delivery envelope I've sent)
Processed at Liverpool

Big thank you to ah_kassem and vien for maintaining the timeline and to everyone else who have shared their valuable information on this forum.

ah_kassem

Post by ah_kassem » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:06 pm

sagor wrote:Hi everyone , my waiting time fallen into 11th week.. Is there any thing else I can do. Such as write to HO or anything else ? What would you advice ?
Hi Sagor,

I would suggest that you wait passports are coming between 11-12 weeks. the home office usually asks you not to contact them before 10 weeks have passed. I hope you get your passports soon.

Regards

ah_kassem

sagor
Newly Registered

Post by sagor » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:31 pm

Dear Ah_Kassem

Thanks for that ah_kassem. You have been superb all along.Insallah I will get my soon..
ah_kassem wrote:
sagor wrote:Hi everyone , my waiting time fallen into 11th week.. Is there any thing else I can do. Such as write to HO or anything else ? What would you advice ?
Hi Sagor,

I would suggest that you wait passports are coming between 11-12 weeks. the home office usually asks you not to contact them before 10 weeks have passed. I hope you get your passports soon.

Regards

ah_kassem

ah_kassem

Post by ah_kassem » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:32 pm

sagor wrote:Dear Ah_Kassem

Thanks for that ah_kassem. You have been superb all along.Insallah I will get my soon..
ah_kassem wrote:
Hi Sagor,

Regards

ah_kassem
I am sure your passport will be back in the next week or so

ah_kassem

sagor
Newly Registered

Post by sagor » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:33 pm

Congratulation cr7. hope you are enjoying now.. :)
cr7 wrote:Hi,

I've been a silent follower and I've got my ILR today. I had a 4 day gap between the visas back in 2004, but it is no problem. My timeline is as follows:

Sent: 20 September 2011
Ack letter date: 22 September 2011
ILR stamp date: 21 November 2011
Received: 29 November 2011 (via special delivery envelope I've sent)
Processed at Liverpool

Big thank you to ah_kassem and vien for maintaining the timeline and to everyone else who have shared their valuable information on this forum.

sagor
Newly Registered

Post by sagor » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:38 pm

I have been checking royal mail tracking number everyday .. and just recently i have checked my old track number ( the one i used to applied for ilr )its not even on the system. so not sure if royal mail track service is working or not . so can not rely on this.. i guess i just wait patiently

ah_kassem wrote:
sagor wrote:Dear Ah_Kassem

ah_kassem wrote:
Hi Sagor,

Regards

ah_kassem
I am sure your passport will be back in the next week or so

ah_kassem

cr7
Newly Registered

Post by cr7 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:23 am

[quote="sagor"]Congratulation cr7. hope you are enjoying now.. :)
[quote="cr7"]

Thanks sagor. I've checked on the royal mail system and they still have a record of the tracking number that I used to send my application to UKBA, maybe you did not record yours correctly. I think you will get yours soon since my passports were only posted about 7 days after the ILR was granted.

sagor
Newly Registered

Post by sagor » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 am

cr7 wrote:
sagor wrote:Congratulation cr7. hope you are enjoying now.. :)
cr7 wrote:
Thanks sagor. I've checked on the royal mail system and they still have a record of the tracking number that I used to send my application to UKBA, maybe you did not record yours correctly. I think you will get yours soon since my passports were only posted about 7 days after the ILR was granted.
Thanks cr7 for wishing. They had record for the track number that I used to send my application . I took print screen that time . But only recently it's not showing record. Anyway I have been checkin every now and then

vien1206

Post by vien1206 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:24 am

Congratulations cr7! Thanks for sharing your details.

sagor, don't worry too much, im sure everything will be fine, hope you'll spot the changes for your RM tracking info soon!

Regards,
vien1206
Last edited by vien1206 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mee4ever
Newly Registered

ILR GRANTED!

Post by mee4ever » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:13 pm

I have been a silent follower of this form and I can say it has helped me a great deal.

Glory be to God! I received my ILR today, it was granted on the 22nd Nov 2011

Application sent on th 15th of September
Ack letter on 22nd of September 2011

Sent application with prepaid special delivery envelope and my documents was sent back with it.

All those still waiting for their ILR, keep having faith and surely the Lord willl grant your request!

adamrichie
Newly Registered

Post by adamrichie » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:20 pm

Hi all,

I got my passports back together with ILR stamp today. I thought I share my story..

Sent: 29 Sep 2011 (via special delivery)
Ack letter date: 03 Oct 2011
Payment taken: 04 Oct 2011
ILR stamp date: 22 Nov 2011
Received: 30 Nov 2011 (via pre-paid special delivery envelope I've sent)

10 years: ~7.5 years on student + 1 year on Tier 1 (PSW) + ~1.5 year on Tier 1 (General)

No gap between visas and absence from UK is within requirements.

Those you are still waiting, good luck! I hope you guys get your very soon!

Now, I'm off to claim my benefits!! :twisted:

adam

cr7
Newly Registered

Post by cr7 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:49 pm

vien1206 wrote:Congratulations cr7! Thanks for sharing your details.

sagor, don't worry too much, im sure everything will be fine, hope you'll spot the changes for your RM tracking info soon!

Regards,
vien1206

vien1206
You're welcome vien. I think it is only fair that ppl who have read this forum share their info back, if they haven't already, to try and help others.
Last edited by cr7 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

raja1976
Newly Registered

Post by raja1976 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:51 pm

hi guys
I have noticed all the ilr ppl received this week were stamped on 22/11. i received mine on 25/11 which was also stamped on 22/11.

lets hope guys waiting for long time will get their soon.

far150811
Newly Registered

Congratulations guys

Post by far150811 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:17 pm

wow congratulations guys who ever received their pp back, Vien oh man we are on the top of the list now!!! Hope we get ours soon.. did anyone know the HO number which can lead to a humen to talk to? Please inbox me or post it here if there is one, it will be very helpful, I'm dying to contact them good luck everyone!!

raja1976
Newly Registered

Post by raja1976 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:29 am

hi far
only way u can contact them is if u ask your mp to write to them. i believe that is the best way

hope this will help

vien1206

Re: Congratulations guys

Post by vien1206 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:22 pm

far150811 wrote:wow congratulations guys who ever received their pp back, Vien oh man we are on the top of the list now!!! Hope we get ours soon.. did anyone know the HO number which can lead to a humen to talk to? Please inbox me or post it here if there is one, it will be very helpful, I'm dying to contact them good luck everyone!!
Hey far150811,

When you call UKBA, if you select the option for booking an appointment, then you can speak to someone, but whether they'll check you case on the system, or they have anything saved on their system rather I very much doubt it...

Have you been in contact with you MP? Not a lot we can do apart from keep waiting I suppose.

vien1206

derlin

I Received My ILR Today

Post by derlin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:08 pm

For two years I have silently followed this topic forum but it has taken only today to register and post my first message. Before I enter to the analysis of my ILR visa application, I want to immensely thank the creators and members of this online community for sharing their thoughts and providing informational support. Perhaps, this forum is a true game-changer for ordinary people seeking guidance which might otherwise be unavailable against an increasingly tightening UK immigration and skyrocketing immigration legal fees.

Basis of application: 9 years 4months on student visa and 8 months on PSW.
I applied: 16 September 2011.
Application fee cleared (debit card): 19 September 2011.
Acknowledgement letter received: 20 September 2011.
ILR stamped date: 28 November 2011.
Received date: 01 December 2011.
Total application cycle: 76 days (11 weeks).
Documents sent: cover letter, App form, two passports, Life in the UK test and copies of passport pages.
Application processing centre: Liverpool
Use of legal representation: None.

I had always considered my application straightforward because I have successfully renewed my visa seven times in the past. I have always applied in time except my 2006 student visa renewal which had an 8 day gap. A cover letter accompanied my 2006 visa renewal explaining the reason for the delayed application.

However, two pieces of information would later question the strength of my application. First, my passport had an immigration stamp error which suggests that I was 8 months outside the UK from Dec 2003 and July 2004. That already meant a single stay of 6 months outside the UK I was ineligible for ILR. Meaning the burden of proof lied on me to factually show I was residing in the UK during the said period. I had destroyed every shred of evidence including school letters, school assignments, bank statements, utility bills, tenancy and other correspondence. I would later find evidence to back up my claim in an unfamiliar territory.

Second, my SAR report revealed two disturbing errors. It revealed I applied for visa renewal twice in 2003 and 2004, which of course it's incorrect. It also revealed each of the first application for each year were "void and inappropriate". And it also showed the second application of 2004 had a two-day gap. I accidentally saw a section of my visa renewal application form in the SAR pack carrying information of my class attendance from Sep. 2003 and July 2004. What a strong piece of information to prove I was indeed residing in the UK from Dec 2003 and July 2004.

Before applying for ILR, I wrote to the SAR department raising the errors. They wrote back acknowledging they don't know why my record showed I applied for visa twice in 2003 and 2004 when in fact I applied just once. They also don't know why those applications were "void and inappropriate" when in fact I received grant of leave. They also acknowledged those records wouldn't affect future applications including ILR made by me.

Hopefully, my story would help others. Should you want further clarification or questions to ask, please feel free to do so.

rumpelstiltskin
Newly Registered

Post by rumpelstiltskin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Touching base....

Still waiting at 11 weeks

far150811
Newly Registered

Post by far150811 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:21 am

[quote="raja1976"]hi far
only way u can contact them is if u ask your mp to write to them. i believe that is the best way

hope this will help

Thank you Raja, i guess thats the only option left to do now... next week ia ill try to meet my MP and see what he can do.. thanks again.[/quote][/list]

far150811
Newly Registered

Re: Congratulations guys

Post by far150811 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:27 am

[quote="vien1206"][quote="far150811"]wow congratulations guys who ever received their pp back, Vien oh man we are on the top of the list now!!! Hope we get ours soon.. did anyone know the HO number which can lead to a humen to talk to? Please inbox me or post it here if there is one, it will be very helpful, I'm dying to contact them good luck everyone!![/quote]
Hey far150811,

When you call UKBA, if you select the option for booking an appointment, then you can speak to someone, but whether they'll check you case on the system, or they have anything saved on their system rather I very much doubt it...

Have you been in contact with you MP? Not a lot we can do apart from keep waiting I suppose.

Thanks vien, ill give it a go tomorrow... no i haven't contact my MP yet but hoping to meet him next week if i am lucky...yeah we can only wait but its freaking kills me.. anyway hope you get yours this week, keep faith in god. good luck

vien1206[/quote]