ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can employer know about the update of visa from UKBA ahead?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DMKA
Newly Registered

Can employer know about the update of visa from UKBA ahead?

Post by DMKA » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:42 pm

Hi,

Good afternoon.

I have applied for Tier-2 visa ( from inside UK, as change of employment) on 21/10/2011. I provided biomtric details on 10/11/2011. I was expecting to get UKBA response by this week--everyday I eagerly wait for Postman. My employer direly need me to start work ASAP. If I get this week that's not problem, but if there is delay by one or more weeks then employer will be in trouble.Oviously, its not my fault, not fault of my employer either. In this circumstances, is it possible for me or for my employer to know ahead about the update of the visa status over phone or any other way?

Though it may not render starting work,but let us to complete all pre-employment procedures facilitating quicker start of work.

Thanks in advance for your opinion.

pacvenkatesh
Newly Registered

Waiting times

Post by pacvenkatesh » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:29 am

Hi,

Try this link,

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-times/

this page tells you how long you can expect to wait for a decision if you have made an application in the UK under Tier 2 (General) of the points-based system.

Thanks..........

wakate55
Newly Registered

Post by wakate55 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi, I am in the similar situation now.

My solicitor submitted my application on 26/10/2011, and I did biometric enrolment on 8/11/2011. Since then, I have been waiting for any letter from UKBA, but no letter yet.

If it is true on the website pacvenkatesh addressed, I am in trouble with my application, because It has been for more than 5 weeks.

But as long as I looked into the forum, nowadays the process of applications switching employers takes a bit longer than a month. So I assume we are still on track. But if we don't get any response within 6 weeks, I think it will mean something ominous.

I am not confident in my application, because I have a problem with my previous status which my ex-employer messed up.

I hope we will get an approval letter soon :)