ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from College

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Letter from College

Post by janinah » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:08 pm

Hello friends,
I need urgent help to apply for PSW. Recently, I completed BA (Hons) degree of a University from a London college. My final exam finished in the 1st week of August and result out 1st week of september. And, my degree awarded 21 September. Today I collected the confirmation letter from college along with certificate and transcript. But, problem at college letter.
In the college's "Confirmation of Achievement letter" addressing to Homeoffice, it stated following information:

Course title: BA (Hons) Applied Accounting
Course starts date: 7 September 2010
Exam dates: July 2011
Result date: September 2011
Award date: 21 September 2011

but, in the Visa application form i need to write down course end date. I heard from my friends that award date and course end date are not same. So, I asked college admin, they said this is the standard letter they provide all the students. As many of my friends suggest this site...now, I urgently need help of you guys to take decision which date i need to write on the course end date.

Thanks

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:35 pm

...so when was the last day of term?

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:22 pm

thx 4 da reply Arsenal49. what actually u mean by last day of term ? class ended 3rd weeks of July, then Exams held 1st week of August, Result published on notice board 9th September and Letter sent from college & transcript issued from university on 21 september.

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:32 pm

So, which date i should put as end date of the course ?

wazobia

Post by wazobia » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:29 pm

Your course end date should have been given on your initial letter of acceptance to the course...Every acceptance letter will have both start and end date. I am assuming this letter would have been given to you 3 years ago (or whenever you started the course). Your friend is right, award date and course end date are not (necessarily) the same thing.

If you cannot find this letter, You can start by checking the University's website, and browsing to the webpage that describes your course, they might have it there. Or, call your faculty or department and ask. Not the registry, but call someone in your department. Personal tutor, for example? Or the admin person in charge of your department.