ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deportation issue

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shark34
Newly Registered

Deportation issue

Post by shark34 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi all..

i wonder if you can give me information. I have just arrived to UK to join my beautiful wife but one of my friend is having a problem with his visa.

He used to live in IRL 10years ago (not northen IRL). he was married there and has two kids. They divorced 5years later and he is back in turkey. Now, he met a girl from Spain and they are together 4 years. they got married in turkey 2years ago and lived there. she got a job in UK last year and now he wants to join her like i did my wife. but apparently there is an immigration issue with him as they called him to the embassy and they said, he was deported from IRL. which is not true. he never was deported, he never had any crime. can anyone advise me to tell him what he can do? when he called to the embassy they told him his was was issued on Monday. next day they called him to say he has to go there today and they told him this.. he is waiting for the decision but he is worried. any idea? can he still come to UK and can UKBA change his mind once they issued the visa for him?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: Deportation issue

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:50 pm

shark34 wrote:He used to live in IRL 10years ago (not northen IRL). he was married there and has two kids. They divorced 5years later and he is back in turkey. Now, he met a girl from Spain and they are together 4 years. they got married in turkey 2years ago and lived there. she got a job in UK last year and now he wants to join her like i did my wife. but apparently there is an immigration issue with him as they called him to the embassy and they said, he was deported from IRL. which is not true. he never was deported, he never had any crime. can anyone advise me to tell him what he can do? when he called to the embassy they told him his was was issued on Monday. next day they called him to say he has to go there today and they told him this.. he is waiting for the decision but he is worried. any idea? can he still come to UK and can UKBA change his mind once they issued the visa for him?
He has been married for two years to the Spanish woman. And she is working in the UK since last year (2010).

Why did he not apply earlier to move to the UK?

Does he have any criminal record?

In general it is very hard for UKBA to refuse a visa in such circumstances. He has to be a pretty bad individual to justify a refusal. Simply being deported by a different EU country is not enough.

UKBA can "change their mind" if new serious information comes to light. But that is rare.

shark34
Newly Registered

Post by shark34 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:21 pm

she came over last year in november. they had a business there as if you are a business man you know it is not easy to give it up.

So she was travelling back to him, but this year in october he finally sold it so they start the application. I dont think it is important now.

the improtant thing is, that he was never deported, never had any crime. i know him long time and he would never ever go into trouble. he was supprised when they asked him about it.

the question is, is there any chance for him to get i? this is the first time he has heard about this deportation issue. he went from southern IRL to belfast after they split but he said no one checked his passport when he crossed the board. he had residency card as well.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:31 pm

So what is the status right now? Are he just waiting for a decision?
Last edited by Directive/2004/38/EC on Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shark34
Newly Registered

Post by shark34 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:43 pm

well, he was there for the interview and waiting.

i just came cover, but with him ukba is messing around.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:46 pm

If UKBA rejects the application, they need to give detailed reasons for the rejection.

It is possible they reject, but it is not so likely. He needs to have some patience.

shark34
Newly Registered

Post by shark34 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:25 pm

if they do reject, can they appeal?

he said, when he was there first time he told them bout leaving irl and going to belfast and working there. and they did issue the visa, then next day they called him in for interviwe...

hope he will get it.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:27 pm

shark34 wrote:if they do reject, can they appeal?

he said, when he was there first time he told them bout leaving irl and going to belfast and working there. and they did issue the visa, then next day they called him in for interviwe....
Did they issue the EEA Family Permit already?

He can definitely appeal if it is rejected. If they do, please find out the exact words they used in doing the rejection.

shark34
Newly Registered

Post by shark34 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:12 pm

yes, it was eea family permit. but he has only information over the phone, not in writing as he did call the after his first interveiw. then next day they said to him he has to go back. i feel sorry for him, because he is a nice guy. the problem was that his ex wife family did not accept him. they first child was born in turkey. then they went back to southern irleand and had the second one. his ex wifes father did not like him at all. he called him at all. after one year he left them and went to belfast. then he came back to turkey from there.

maybe this can be the problem that he went to belfast? but he had his residency card.

i will let u know the autcome.

dmt1977
Newly Registered

Post by dmt1977 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:56 pm

After having read your post I would sayUKBA have picked up on the fact that your friend moved to Belfast and worked. A southern irelandresidence card does not allow u to work in northern Ireland which is UK.

shark34
Newly Registered

Post by shark34 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:15 pm

mmm, interesting. he already told them this and they have issue the visa for them, then they called him in for a second interview. he is still waiting.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:05 am

shark34 wrote:mmm, interesting. he already told them this and they have issue the visa for them, then they called him in for a second interview. he is still waiting.
Does he already have a UK visa in his passport? Or do you simply mean that somebody said they had approved it during this present application?

shark34
Newly Registered

Post by shark34 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:31 am

well, i have speaking to him. he said, he called the embassy and they told him visa issued, passport will be sent shortly. then next day they called him to say, he has to go for second interview.
he does not know if it was already in his passport or not?!
?????