ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish passport application for the new born

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

talkingcure

Irish passport application for the new born

Post by talkingcure » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 am

I have a new born baby daughter in last week of October, 2011. My wife is an EU citizen and i am holding Eu Fam 4 issued currently. My wife's official residence as per revenue record here in Ireland since october 2009. She was a student learning english since September 2008-sept 2009 and she was not bothered to register in revenue. Now we have a daughter and we want to apply for Irish passport. Now my question is whether they will count her residence as a student (as she was registered student) and if they would accept which form should we filled up for the application. Your expertise opinion will be appreciated.

Malika

Re: Irish passport application for the new born

Post by Malika » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:49 am

talkingcure wrote:I have a new born baby daughter in last week of October, 2011. My wife is an EU citizen and i am holding Eu Fam 4 issued currently. My wife's official residence as per revenue record here in Ireland since october 2009. She was a student learning english since September 2008-sept 2009 and she was not bothered to register in revenue. Now we have a daughter and we want to apply for Irish passport. Now my question is whether they will count her residence as a student (as she was registered student) and if they would accept which form should we filled up for the application. Your expertise opinion will be appreciated.
I don't think you can apply for a passport just because she was born in Ireland. You need to prove citizenship first i.e through Naturalisation. Passports are handled by a different department.

there's more info on INIS website regarding Citizenship.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP11000023
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

rlow68

Post by rlow68 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Malika wrote:
talkingcure wrote:I have a new born baby daughter in last week of October, 2011. My wife is an EU citizen and i am holding Eu Fam 4 issued currently. My wife's official residence as per revenue record here in Ireland since october 2009. She was a student learning english since September 2008-sept 2009 and she was not bothered to register in revenue. Now we have a daughter and we want to apply for Irish passport. Now my question is whether they will count her residence as a student (as she was registered student) and if they would accept which form should we filled up for the application. Your expertise opinion will be appreciated.
I don't think you can apply for a passport just because she was born in Ireland. You need to prove citizenship first i.e through Naturalisation. Passports are handled by a different department.

The baby has no problem since your wife is an EU citizen and you been legally resident, The baby's Passport application will be approved no matter what your wife's situation, either as a student, unemployed or other, so relax and rest assured,

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:23 pm

once you have document proof that she(eu) is living in ireland over 3 years.there is no problem to obtain irish citizenship for child or either non eu is more than 3 years on stamp 4/3/5.no problem to obtain irish citizenship.once again congrats to becaming a dad.wish you good luck for your future

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:55 am

Your wife's residency as a student starts Septemeber 2008, potentially complying with Article 7 of Directive 2004/38 (Ie legally residing as an EU citizen)

Your wife's residency as a worker starts with October 2009. Ok

A brief glance, she complies with Section 6A of INC Act 1956-2004, thus, the Child is Irish Citizen (and, likely the nationality of the mother, assuming the mother's country allows dual nationality)

If she was a fully registered student and can provide DOCUMENTARY PROOF of residency and her time as a student, she should be ok. Also documentary proof of her time as a worker.

Most documents would suffice, obviously offical letters etc help

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:59 am

rlow68 wrote:
Malika wrote:

The baby has no problem since your wife is an EU citizen and you been legally resident, The baby's Passport application will be approved no matter what your wife's situation, either as a student, unemployed or other, so relax and rest assured,
Just because the mother is an EU citizen, that means nothing per se. It does not matter what nationality (excluding British and Irish) the parent is, if they did not reside in Ireland for 3 "reckonable" years, the child is not a citizen

Of course, being an EU citizen will greatly get over that hurdle, but if the wife had been 3months short, for example, then the child would not be a citizen of Ireland. The EU citizen has to also be exercising their EU rights ie complying with Article 6 and 7 of Directive 2004/38 EC. I will give you an example previously discussed and proven (by case law) in this site, If you did not comply with Article 7 of the Directive for 5 years, you would not be successful in your application for permanent residency under Article 16. Failure to comply with Article 7 (taking note Article 7-16 in full) means, technically, an EU is illegal. I say technically.

As for reference made to the op himself, , if the child had to rely on him, and assuming that he did not get his residency card 3 years ago, (but 1-2 years ago) then the child would not have been a citizen of Ireland) THe child is relying on the mother's residency

Either way, in this case, the wife meets all the requirements

OP There should be a special form for passports (not your ordinary form) for children such as yours. You should, if I recall, be able to get it in the garda station or passport office or post office.

There is no "naturalisation", if your the mother meets the requirements under Section 6A ie Reckonable residency (she appears to) then it is not "naturalisation". The child is Irish as of birth,

http://dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=253
http://dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=255
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/tr ... ldren.html[/u]

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:31 am

yes your elible for your kid passport congrats

talkingcure

Post by talkingcure » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:49 am

Thx iqu,walrusgumble, rlow68 and malaika i think i dont have to apply through naturalisation as my wife have been living here 3yrs right before my daughter born. My child should be an Irish citizen in terms of reckonable residence of one of the parent's. Now guys could you point out what sort of document I should submit to prove my wife's residency.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:10 am

talkingcure wrote:Thx iqu,walrusgumble, rlow68 and malaika i think i dont have to apply through naturalisation as my wife have been living here 3yrs right before my daughter born. My child should be an Irish citizen in terms of reckonable residence of one of the parent's. Now guys could you point out what sort of document I should submit to prove my wife's residency.
The child does not need to "Naturalise". Provided that the wife can prove that she has resided in Ireland for 3 full years, the child is a citizen as of birth.

There is a special form for passports to be filled.

Documents, anything really

Utility bills, evidence of studying (letters from college) bank statements, Revenue letters P60. See what the passport form asks.

talkingcure

Post by talkingcure » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi hope u guys well, i have submitted my child's passport application with all supporting document include college letter (registered student from sept2008-aug 2009, some payslips 0f the year of 2010 as it was a casual job and she was a continuing student but no letter submitted as i thought it would be enough if its shown from september 2008. Rental lease from oct2009, few bank statement of 2010. Now i received letter from them asking to submit proof of residence from october 2007 as per condition of declaration form A. In the colum of ( during the period of four years prior to child's birth I have resided from xx/ to /xx in the land of ireland) the residence time shown as from sept 2008. Also they were asking proof of residence from september 2008. Is the college letter covering this time frame doesnt prove the residence. Now the prob is there wasnt any bill on my wife's name. So we just have to rely on the college letter and rental lease. I need some help regarding this. Anyone have any expert opinion please share.

talkingcure

Post by talkingcure » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:24 pm

Is anyone out there who have a sayon this