ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent-PSW Dependant- Submitting Main Application Passport

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leeuk
Newly Registered

urgent-PSW Dependant- Submitting Main Application Passport

Post by leeuk » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:22 am

Hi friends

I got my PSW from Jan 2011 and now planning to apply for my wife

I just went back to my country- Vietnam and getting married to my long-time girlfriend. I am hoping to come back UK together with her.

Because I need to submit copies of my passport pages and PSW resident permit, I tried to get attested copies of those but the remarks of attested copies is just in my language. ( I am not sure the case worker can understand those are attested copies)

So I think, in order to increase my wife's case, I will submit my original passport and my PSW Resident permit.

So, Can you guys give me advice ? Do I need to submit original passport and visa ? or those attested copies ? or just Copies without attestation ?

Thank you very much and I need you advice very urgently as my date of submitting is very near.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:56 am

If the person who has attested your copies is legally authorized and competent to act in this capacity then that, alone, is sufficient. What we can't tell you is if your guy fits that description.

weikianng

Post by weikianng » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:08 am

I remember reading somewhere in the forum saying that as a Main Applicant, as your case (or mine - I am on the same situation), there is no need to certify the photo-copied passport pages as the officers would have the information on their system.

However, I am not completely sure about this, can any experts clarify?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:21 am

Perhaps arbitrarily but not as policy. From the documents required sectionf of VAF 10 application form:

A copy of the pages from the main applicant’s passport showing their permission to stay, if they are already in the UK.

This forum cites many refusals on the basis of this evidence not provided.

weikianng

Post by weikianng » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:36 am

Lucapooka wrote:Perhaps arbitrarily but not as policy. From the documents required sectionf of VAF 10 application form:

A copy of the pages from the main applicant’s passport showing their permission to stay, if they are already in the UK.

This forum cites many refusals on the basis of this evidence not provided.
In that case, I guess it will definitely be better to have the photo-copy document attested.

Can the passport owner (main applicant) attest his own passport when his spouse is applying for a dependent visa?

leeuk
Newly Registered

Post by leeuk » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:54 am

Thanks my friends for all your reply. My wife got that PSW dependant visa just for 5 days ! :)

I just apply with copy of all pages of my passport and my resident permit card (attested version). I did not provide the original passport.
I think if main applicant is in UK, he can come to Post office to get attested version, so UKBA will definitely ok with that.

Good luck for others in the same case.