ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Outside UK - Tier 2 Visa process and Maintenance Funds

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mejain
Newly Registered

Outside UK - Tier 2 Visa process and Maintenance Funds

Post by mejain » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:21 pm

* I am currently in employment in UK and my PSW visa expires on 28 Jan 2012. I do not finish 6months by the end of Jan 2012 in my current employment.

* My company has not got sponsorship so they are trying to get sponsorship license and do resident labour market test.

* As far I know I have to follow re-entry process to get Tier 2 general. Can someone please explain me the best suitable process?

*Also if I apply from outside UK can my maintenance funds would be accepted from UK bank society or I need to have funds in the country I apply from?

I welcome all suggestions from you guys..please tell me best options from your experience and knowledge..it would be very helpful. Thank you.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:43 pm

when will u satisfy 6 months requirement?

mejain
Newly Registered

Post by mejain » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:55 pm

arsenal49 wrote:when will u satisfy 6 months requirement?
Thanks for reply. I will finish my 6 months in the current occupation in March 2012 which is after my visa expiry date :(

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:01 pm

* As far I know I have to follow re-entry process to get Tier 2 general. Can someone please explain me the best suitable process?
its well written already on ukba site. consult it. if something is not clear, then post your query and we will help you here

*Also if I apply from outside UK can my maintenance funds would be accepted from UK bank society or I need to have funds in the country I apply from?
uk bank is fine

mejain
Newly Registered

Post by mejain » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:08 am

I am reading UKBA website and it goes confusing at few places. this is why I would like to know from People's experience so I do not miss out any small point.

* Where do my employee need to advert the job for labour market test - Is GradSouthWest.com acceptable??

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:53 am

COP provides such information.
How do I complete a resident labour market test? wrote:To complete a resident labour market test for any other job in the Tier 2 (General) category, you must use the advertising methods permitted by the code of practice for the sector or job.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!