ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need assistance with PSW please!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zafarzafar80

Need assistance with PSW please!!!

Post by zafarzafar80 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:18 pm

Dear All,
I am posting this on behalf of my brother.

His MBA result is declared on 18/11/2011 and he has passed it with good grades. Now his college is going to give him a Transcript only at present. The final degree would be awarded in a cermony in sept 2012.

Would it be ok for him to apply for PSW with a transcript and a confirmation letter from the college that he has passed his MBA or the final degree is mandatory ?

Thanks in advance

ajek01

Post by ajek01 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:42 am

Final certificate is not mandatory

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:23 am

Your brother needs to read the PSW guidance particularly at para 62

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Regarding PSW it's ungent plzzzzzzzzzzz

Post by Greenie » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:02 am

pakboyy wrote:Hello Sir,
I am tier4 student and I have completed my master from college and my awarding body is Wales university .My college announced provisional numbers In which I passed but still waiting for university confirmation .The problem is that my tier4 student visa is getting expire on 30nov2011 and I have to apply for PSW and my college only issuing a letter that this student finished his master and waiting for result. Could u plz tell me that can I get PSW on this letter or not and if not then what shall I do??????? Thank you

Regarding
Sunny.

no. you need to return home and apply for PSW once you have been awarded your degree.

anuerinn
Newly Registered

Re: Need assistance with PSW please!!!

Post by anuerinn » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:55 pm

yes u can apply with transcript original copy

TIER 1 – POST STUDY WORK
95 Points

 Download the Post Study Work application form from the following link: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk (If applying from overseas please use VAF9 Form and check the correct procedures on the guidance note)

 Course transcript copy (original) order via Student/School Office Counters or if you have your Degree Certificate, these are normally sent out to Graduates approx 4 months after receiving your final results.

 University Post Study letter (original) note : for an in country application, the letter must be dated no more then one month before posting your application. Email letterrequests@mdx.ac.uk and confirm your address for posting.

 3-4 months original Bank statements showing your name and address and that you have sufficient funds present in your account; you must show a balance or savings of £800 for in country applications and (£2800 if you make an overseas application) in your account for a 3 month period.

 2 Passport sized pictures (write your name on back)

 Passport

 Fee £594 Postal application, £918 in Person at PEO

zafarzafar80 wrote:Dear All,

His MBA result is declared on 18/11/2011 and he has passed it with good grades. Now his college is going to give him a Transcript only at present. The final degree would be awarded in a cermony in sept 2012.

Would it be ok for him to apply for PSW with a transcript and a confirmation letter from the college that he has passed his MBA or the final degree is mandatory ?

Thanks in advance

pakboyy

Re: Need assistance with PSW please!!!

Post by pakboyy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:28 pm

anuerinn wrote:yes u can apply with transcript original copy

TIER 1 – POST STUDY WORK
95 Points

 Download the Post Study Work application form from the following link: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk (If applying from overseas please use VAF9 Form and check the correct procedures on the guidance note)

 Course transcript copy (original) order via Student/School Office Counters or if you have your Degree Certificate, these are normally sent out to Graduates approx 4 months after receiving your final results.

 University Post Study letter (original) note : for an in country application, the letter must be dated no more then one month before posting your application. Email letterrequests@mdx.ac.uk and confirm your address for posting.

 3-4 months original Bank statements showing your name and address and that you have sufficient funds present in your account; you must show a balance or savings of £800 for in country applications and (£2800 if you make an overseas application) in your account for a 3 month period.

 2 Passport sized pictures (write your name on back)

 Passport

 Fee £594 Postal application, £918 in Person at PEO

zafarzafar80 wrote:Dear All,

Thanks in advance
yes he can apply on his sponsor college or university letter, its 100% acceptable. Final degree is not mandatory.