ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

psw based on UK naric's certificate ( london uk)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

always in trouble
Newly Registered

psw based on UK naric's certificate ( london uk)

Post by always in trouble » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:14 am

hey all;

The bizarre and depressing autumn has not come alone and certainly has brought some problems along and the worst one being this

My visa is expiring end of this month , so i have two option. either apply under tier 4 student extension or psw on the naric basis, i have not yet recieved the letter from naric but i am hoping it wont be late , bank statement is fine also i have just submitted by rap to oxford brooks uni and i requested a letter from them which states that i have submitted the rap and that i am awaiting results and once passed i will be given a certain rank of degree , i spoke to the solicitors, they are of the view that i should apply for student coz the naric stuff will be refused and that i should apply for psw once i recieve my results from brook( but i am not sure if i will pass ) on the 28th march 2012 and then i would still have untill 12th of april to apply before the psw window closes for good.
please share ur knowledge . ill be greatful

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:37 am

If your lawyer is suggesting apply for Tier 4 because 'the naric stuff' will be rejected then that is sound advice and I would be inclined to agree. The rules for PSW ask that you have:

a) a United Kingdom recognised bachelor’s or postgraduate degree;
b) a United Kingdom Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or
Professional Graduate Diploma of Education (PGDE); or
c) a Higher National Diploma (HND) from a Scottish institution

The guidance makes no mention of accepting anything other than these and no mention of Naric (insofar that Naric's degree-equivalence assessment of other qualifications is indeed also acceptable). Your PSW will be granted on the basis of the Oxford Brookes degree and you will need confirmation that this has been awarded before you are eligible to apply.

bya1983

psw deadline

Post by bya1983 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:53 pm

psw application dead line is april 2012 for student studying bachelor degree from uk university, is there any extension in this date announced yet or this is final.
actually my degree finish on july 2012. so i will not be able to apply if it is april 2012. please tell if you know any thing latest up to date.
Never The less

bya1983

better option

Post by bya1983 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:56 pm

and suggest what option we have after doing 3 years degree from uk uni which will finish after april 2012. many thanx
Never The less

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:38 pm

if you want to get PSW visa, apply before April 2011. Full stop.

UKBA don't care when you will get your degree awarded!

Tier 2 General is your best bet...

bya1983

thanx

Post by bya1983 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:38 pm

thanx guru, i was misguided by smeone that psw is extended for students who are studying right now. many thanx
Never The less