ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Tier 1 (Maintainance query)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sanjit001
Newly Registered

Dependant Tier 1 (Maintainance query)

Post by Sanjit001 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi There

I am in UK since more than 2 years with Tier 1 Visa and I am applying for Tier 1 Dependant Visa for my 2 babies who are born in India couple of months back.

I want to clarify how much of maintainance of Fund I will need to show for 3 months?

Is that - 533+533 = 1066 or ((533+533)+800) ?

As per the pbsdependancepolicy document - Page 10, Point 46:

If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 Migrant, there must still be enough funds 46. to support each member of the family. Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third child, the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for two years and the family applies for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an additional £533 in available funds.

Could someone who recently applied for Tier1 dependant Visa confirm if they have applied with £533 per dependant in his/her account?

Looking forward for some response.

Thanks in advance

Sanjit

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:20 pm

Yeah, as your stay in UK is more than 12 months, you should be maintaining £800 for your self and £533 for each dependent.

That't just my understanding of rules.

Regards

Madhumesh

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:43 pm

madhumesh wrote:Yeah, as your stay in UK is more than 12 months, you should be maintaining £800 for your self and £533 for each dependent.
Not quite correct. The maintenance for the PBS migrant (800) is not necessary and there will be no application from the PBS migrant at the same time. So, it's just the 2 x 533 that is necessary for the PBS dependants.

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:11 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
madhumesh wrote:Yeah, as your stay in UK is more than 12 months, you should be maintaining £800 for your self and £533 for each dependent.
Not quite correct. The maintenance for the PBS migrant (800) is not necessary and there will be no application from the PBS migrant at the same time. So, it's just the 2 x 533 that is necessary for the PBS dependants.
Thanks for the correction, I do see that now when main visa holder applying along dependants then only he need to maintain fund for himself. The same was advised by the VFS staff when I applied for my dependants separately but being cautious I kept maintaining required amount for myself.

Regards