ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

September applicants post here

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tabhar2000

received e mail form HO

Post by tabhar2000 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:51 pm

Today i ahve received an e mail form HO baout my case decession is made. they asked me to arrange courier service to pick parcel
i donot know the result yet..

hope for the best

maar

Post by maar » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:33 pm

Have you sent any urgent treatment form ??

prince
Newly Registered

Post by prince » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:41 pm

18.09.2006 : Applied (Over 28 category & In country)
20.09.2006 : Application Recd
22.09.2006 : Recepit received Ref: 086XXX
22.09.2006 : Sent urgent treatment request based on job offer
25.09.2006 : CC Charged
29/09/2006 : Called.Case worker not yet assigned

windmill

Post by windmill » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:31 pm

- Under 28 years

Mailed: Sept 11th
Reached: Sept 13th
CC charged : Sept 13th
Receipt # Rcvd: Sept 14th
Called. Case Worker not assigned yet: Sept 27th
Decision been made: Sept 29th

I didn't send the urgent treatment form. I don't know what is the decision and now its weekend so can't even find out. its gonna be a long weekend with lot of waiting. sigh!

uae_nri
Newly Registered

Post by uae_nri » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:26 am

Applicatoin Sent - 24 Sept 2006
Application Recieved - 26 Sept 2006 (According to the courier company)
CC not Charged yet ?!

Am wondering why they haven't charged my card yet. Anyone had a similar situation.

Thanks

Zee_Zee

Post by Zee_Zee » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:04 am

Dear Windmill,

Can you please tell me how you came to know that a decision has been made for your application? Did you call HO and asked them?
Regards,

Z Z.

tabhar2000

yes i have sent them urgent treatment form

Post by tabhar2000 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:54 am

yes i have sent them urgent treatment form with orignal job offer letter

windmill

Post by windmill » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:00 pm

Zee_Zee wrote:Dear Windmill,

Can you please tell me how you came to know that a decision has been made for your application? Did you call HO and asked them?
Nope. I requested for a courier pickup and they emailed saying the documents are ready for pickup.

I'm a bit nervous now though. :?

pcb_in

EC or FLR(IED)

Post by pcb_in » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:43 pm

Hi All,
This is my first post. I have applied for hsmp from uk on 7th and got approval on 20th Sept 06. But the problem is that my present company informed me that I have to come back in India by 18th September 06 so I returned back to India on 18th sept 2006(Although my current work permit and Visa is valid till march 2007).
My Question is that Can I apply for entry clearance(EC) from India or my HSMP approval is invalid because I returned back to India.
I can not go back to UK on my present visa and apply for FLR(IED) from UK because my onsite assignment in UK is over.

I need reaaly expert comments on this.
Thanks
Indian

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:02 pm

I got an email this morning saying that a decision has been made on my case. I submitted urgent treatment because I am traveling to the UK tomorrow, but because I ended up submitting my application so late (because the first time I submitted my bank rejected the charge), I won't know in time before I leave.

It's going to be a scary day waiting to know!

Application sent: Sept 20
Application received: Sept 22
CC charged: Sept 22
Received reference number: Sept 25
Decision Made: Oct 2

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:03 pm

Windmill, did you call to find out what the decision was?

Also, is the courier pickup address the same as the courier drop off address?

windmill

Post by windmill » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:44 pm

yep, i called in this morning and they said my application has been refused. i don't know why yet. i still need to arrange for a courier pick-up and will get to know where exactly did they not award me points.

my only guess could be work experience as i had to attach a seperate letter for my job description (on employee letterhead but NOT signed or stamped). i even attached copies of my original job descriptions stamped, which I signed when I was hired.

I tried to get it on the letterhead but they just didn't give me one (company policy). Although my employee letter did state all the title and duration of all the positions i held and statement that all my positions required either bachelors or masters degree (i know from what i've read its usually not enough).

i know my positions ARE infact all graduate level positions as its a research position funded by top US government funding agency.

i'm disappointed right now but its not the end as i know i qualify. i just need to see what else can i do. its very disheartening though. will be tough to do so.

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:31 pm

Windmill, I'm so sorry to hear that. Do you think in your appeal you could ask them to call your boss to verify your employment?

Why wouldn't your company put their letter on letterhead, anyway? I wonder if they were trying to sabotage your application so you wouldn't leave!

windmill

Post by windmill » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:58 pm

giblet, so far i don't even know what is the real reason (as in where did i not got the points awared). i'm just speculating as i don't see myself not getting points in the other two categories which i claimed.

as for employee letter - it was on the letterhead. it was not very descriptive which seems standard in the US but had all - my title and dates of employment, my salary last year and income to date.

just that my job descriptions were on a separate letter (on letterhead too but NOT signed or stamped) as an addendum.

right now, i don't know what to do next?? anyway, for the time being, the only option is to wait for my decision letter first and see what did i miss.

Ravs_Uk
Newly Registered

Post by Ravs_Uk » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:52 pm

Hi All,

Just want to thank this board for sharing a wealth of information due to which i was able to submit the application on my own.

Here are my dates

25.09.2006 : Applied (Under 28 category & In country)
26.09.2006 : Application Recd
27.09.2006 : CC Charged
29.09.2006 : Recepit received Ref: 086XXX

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:38 am

I just called, and I was approved!

Applied from the US
Application sent: Sept 20
Application received: Sept 22
CC charged: Sept 22
Received reference number: Sept 25
Approved: Oct 2

Zee_Zee

Post by Zee_Zee » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:46 pm

Hi Giblet,

Can you please share the series of your reference number. Was that 086xxx or 087xxx? Others having the reference numbers in the same range can then expect decision on their hsmp applications in near future. Or it has nothing to do with reference numbers as HSMP does not proceed in the order of reference numbers? Please shed some light...
Regards,

Z Z.

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:13 pm

I was in the 086xxx range, but I had also submitted an urgent treatment form with my original application.

I think they probably review the applications in the order received, but some take a very long time because they have to confirm information, call employers, etc. From what I have seen, reference numbers end up having very little to do with when people get approved. However, people who have insanely organized applications get approved much more quickly.

windmill

Post by windmill » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:57 pm

congrats giblet! hope the rest of the ride also goes smooth for you.

i called up the office today to arrange for my document pickup and i asked the lady where did i lose points - it was as i suspected in work experience and to my surprise - income too.

thats ridiculous - as i submitted 1) stamped pay stubs 2) employee letter 3) bank statements and 4) W-2 and I'm way above the limit also.

funny thing they told me - my case worker has left the job.
Last edited by windmill on Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:00 pm

Windmill, it sounds like you have a very strong appeal. The income thing is ridiculous--you have more than enough proof. Did the dates for your income proofs match up?

windmill

Post by windmill » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:29 pm

Giblet - Yeah, they were latest till my last paystub.

My documents will be picked up tomorrow so hopefully I should get them by Friday or otherwise Monday.

Its just gonna be a pain going thru it again.

syedajmal
Newly Registered

Insanely Organized

Post by syedajmal » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:51 pm

Giblet - Any suggestion on how to organize them or rather how did you do it. The more detail the better for all and less guessing for us all:)

farah

Earnning Pionts Advice

Post by farah » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:06 am

In support of earning the most reliable evidence is tax return weven if the period of tax return do not match with last 12 month . If the same is not enclosed a plausable reason for the same is to be given in the covering letter
If application is recieved in Oct than last 12 month should cover the period from Oct 2005 to Sep.2006

Farah

root

Post by root » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:54 am

I have sent app in the end of sept which is received in Oct, then how can one give pay slip of Oct.

I didnt provide pay slip of oct and my employer letter also dont cover this.
because I sent letter first to UK for sign by employer and then they sent me back. almost 2 weeks. and he cant sign in advance of mine salary letter.
so i think if one is applying in end of month then for him one month less is fine.

vorionsanty

Hello friends

Post by vorionsanty » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:52 am

Dear Friends these are my timelines

Application submitted to HO on 28-09-2006 as told by my agent in UK and dont have any details further. Can anyone plz clarify on the lines below plz.

I have actually lodged my HSMP application through an agent in UK and submitted all my documents to him and made payment to him and he said that he will be the authorised rep to recieve communication on behalf of me in UK. He said that my HSMP application is lodged last week on Thursday so i asked him for the docket no of royalmail/courier service through which he had send the documents and even asked to give me the payment details which he had made(i.e., either credit card/postal order/any relevant means) but he says that it is not authorised to give me the docket details and payment details for which he adds that even if i have these details i cant get response from HSMP team and he says that i m going to get my ref no in 2 to 3 weeks. please help me in this regard and kindly suggest me.
Thank u for u all.