ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW application time. need help

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ann_newbie
Newly Registered

PSW application time. need help

Post by ann_newbie » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:32 am

good day! I'm on a student visa and it will expire september 2012. I finished my degree september 2011 and planning to apply for PSW. how many months I am allowed to apply for PSW? I only started my maintenance fund this 1st of november, so i still got until 1st of february before I can apply for PSW. will it affect my application in any way? if so, what do i need to do? Im reallt worried. Thanks for the help

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:43 pm

UKCISA recommends to apply for visa before 4 months have elapsed from the date you were awarded certificate. So, in your case January 2012...

look at the FAQs on UKCISA site for more info.

having said that, if UKBA dont curtail your student visa, then you are still 'legal' although you should stop working after 4 months have elapsed from the date of award or it will warrant UKBA investigation, when you do end up applying for psw

wazobia

Post by wazobia » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:36 pm

Remember PSW ends in April 2012. So whenever you apply, make sure you do so before that date.

ann_newbie
Newly Registered

Post by ann_newbie » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:40 am

arsenal49 wrote:UKCISA recommends to apply for visa before 4 months have elapsed from the date you were awarded certificate. So, in your case January 2012...

having said that, if UKBA dont curtail your student visa, then you are still 'legal' although you should stop working after 4 months have elapsed from the date of award or it will warrant UKBA investigation, when you do end up applying for psw
thanks for the reply. so if apply by first week february, would that mean that my application will automatically be refused?

ann_newbie
Newly Registered

Post by ann_newbie » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:00 am

"You must make your application for Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) within 12 months of obtaining your relevant qualification. This means that you must apply no later than 12 months after your insitution first notifies you in writing that you have been awarded the qualification. The letter from your institution which you have to submit as evidence that you have a relevant qualification must contain information about the date of award of your qualification."

- I only found this on the site. It says 12 mons. but Im not sure?

weikianng

Post by weikianng » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:12 am

ann_newbie wrote:"You must make your application for Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) within 12 months of obtaining your relevant qualification. This means that you must apply no later than 12 months after your insitution first notifies you in writing that you have been awarded the qualification. The letter from your institution which you have to submit as evidence that you have a relevant qualification must contain information about the date of award of your qualification."

This statement says that you are eligible to apply for the PSW visa within 12 months of receiving your qualification.

April 2012 is when the PSW Visa will be removed, hence you need to apply one before then.

wazobia

Post by wazobia » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:56 pm

ann_newbie wrote:"You must make your application for Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) within 12 months of obtaining your relevant qualification. This means that you must apply no later than 12 months after your insitution first notifies you in writing that you have been awarded the qualification. The letter from your institution which you have to submit as evidence that you have a relevant qualification must contain information about the date of award of your qualification."

What that says is after you receive your certificate (i.e. after the day the school award your degree), you have a 12 month window to make the application. So assuming your school award your certificate on the first of March 2011, then you have until the first of March 2012 to make the application.

Like I said earlier, take note PSW ends in April. So you have to make your application before then, regardless of whether your current visa ends in September.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:51 pm

ann_newbie wrote:
arsenal49 wrote:UKCISA recommends to apply for visa before 4 months have elapsed from the date you were awarded certificate. So, in your case January 2012...

thanks for the reply. so if apply by first week february, would that mean that my application will automatically be refused?
i wouldn't say automatically cuz i know someone who was exactly in your position and managed to get psw visa. its best not to highlight this thing/issue in your app because ukcisa 'advice' is to leave country at the end of course or within 4 months of completion - whichever is shorter duration...

...or switch to another visa category.

it will automatically be 'highlighted' if you are working and getting paid as soon as caseworker put in your natoinal insurance number!

hunterjimmy
Newly Registered

Post by hunterjimmy » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:39 pm

i am sorry arsenal49 but i have searched the UKCISA website inside out but it doesnt say anything about 4months any where
please send us the exact link
thanks

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:49 pm

looks like they have updates stuff to remove this 'advice' of 4 months or less!

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/workin ... #full_time

and, on this page 71...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary