ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TOC for Lost Passport Required or not??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

karthikeya9

TOC for Lost Passport Required or not??

Post by karthikeya9 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:10 am

Hello,

I just wanted to confirm if I need to go for TOC for my situation. I have applied for my extension for Tier 1 G and during the process of return of the documents I lost my passport, but got my visa extension and BRP card. I had to go through the process of applying for my new passport and got the new passport last week. The passport has the same personal details like the old one except for Place of Issue and Date of Issue which are obvious to change.

I tried contacting UKBA for my situation and got mixed responses. via, email they said as long as the personal details don't change I don't need to go for TOC, but on the call they said if there is no passport number on the BRP card then I need not go for TOC, but when I specified that the barcode on the passport is specified on back of the BRP card they said that I need to go for TOC. Not sure what needs to be done for my situation. If any gurus can help on this it will be of great help to me as I am planning to travel outside UK this weekend.

Thanks,
Karthik