ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary and Dividends in Bank statements but its Dividends

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sssabc

Salary and Dividends in Bank statements but its Dividends

Post by sssabc » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:57 pm

Hi All,

I need your expert advise on my case :

I am the solo director of the company and I am drawing dividends and salary but I want to claim only dividends..

In my bank statements there are two transactions on the same day one for salary(500) and another for Dividends (1000) in my business bank statements ...but my account mentioned its 1500 as dividends... He dont want to change this figures.. so wondering if Accountant mentions that 1500 is the dividends and not 500 as salary.. Will this acceptable???

Please help me out.

Thanks
sssabc

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:51 am

If it is not categorically mentioned with the name SALARY in your personal account and just showing two different entries of 500 and 1000 then accountant can show them as your divided. However, if it is mentioned as salary and divided separately, then you cannot change that.
The question is... to be or not to be....

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:45 pm

Are they actually salary or dividends? How will they be shown in your second form of evidence?

If the 500 is actually dividends, you could put in your covering letter that there was an error in the description and it is actually dividends.

Your second form of evidence (e.g. payslip for salary, dividend voucher for dividends, etc etc) needs to match the bank statements. If your evidence is the accountant letter and it says 1500 dividends, you will need to show 1500 dividends on the bank statements.

I'm not really clear why your accountant would call it dividends if it is actually salary? Or why you would want to only claim part of your earnings?