ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - 6.1 "first enter the UK" question.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

antrad

ILR - 6.1 "first enter the UK" question.

Post by antrad » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:16 pm

Hello,

I am applying for ILR next week and I have this query.

Initially I was student (entered uk in sept 2004) and then I moved on to work permit (started at dec 2006). My current status is Tier 1 general immigrant.

In the Set (o) application a question from section 6 Immigration history question 6.1 "When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based."

As per my status, with i transferred my visa status from student to work permit, I was already in the UK.

Should I put in the date of my first arrival to uk as student or Should I put in the start date of my work permit visa?

Thank you in advance.

sree_nair11

Post by sree_nair11 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:14 am

It is surely not your entry as Student. I think it should be the date you got your work Permit. I would advise to give the Home office a call to confirm.

ramvellore

Post by ramvellore » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:47 am

It is the date from which you are claiming your 5years @ UK which clarifies that on the day your Tier 1 stamp!

ssj
Newly Registered

Post by ssj » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:24 am

if you are claiming a combination of wp and tier 1 for your 5 years then the date on your first visa based on work permit

antrad

Post by antrad » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:16 pm

Hello Guys,

Thank you for the reply, Yes I called UKBA before going to the appointment and they adviced to use the Work permit start date for the mentioned field.

My ILR application was successful.

Thank you.

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Dear sree_nair11 & antrad

I spoke to UKBA this morning and I asked same question and I was student on jan 01 and t1g apr 08

they ask me to put jan 01 and then in 6.2, write all holidays for past 9 years

I even have voice recording for that