ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residence divorce query?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tinibee
Newly Registered

Permanent residence divorce query?

Post by Tinibee » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:54 am

My husband obtained permanent residence in May last year, since then we have decided to break up and I would like to divorce him at some stage. We have been married for around 3 and a half years in total.

However I wouldn't want to mess up his UK residence, our split is amicable but in no way was it an arranged marriage. If i file for divorce, what will happen to his indefinite leave to remain? Many thanks for your time

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:55 am

Sorry to hear about your divorce.

Nothing will happen to his ILR. Once the ILR is gratned, a divorce has no effect on it.

Thnx
The question is... to be or not to be....

sree_nair11

Post by sree_nair11 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:09 am

Changes to your marital condition should have absolutely no effect on his ILR status. Once he has ILR, he is no longer considered a Dependent.