ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 extension supporting documents for contractor ????

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rsharma6
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier1 extension supporting documents for contractor ????

Post by rsharma6 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:13 am

Hello,

My tier1 extension is due in Feb 2012 and I am planning to send the application sometime this week. Could anyone please advise on the supporting documents requirement for contractors?

I worked as a contractor through my own ltd company (me being the director) for 6 months and get paid as montly salary and dividend. Now I closed the company after joining a permanent job. My question is

1. Would it be enough evidence if I show my salary slips and dividend boucher as well as bank statement as supporting documents?

2. Do I still need a letter from my accountant? What kind of letter it should be?

3. My pay slip and dividend are on simple plain paper and not on my ltd company letterhead (I never had one). Is this okay? If not, how should it be?

My permanent salary alone should be enough to get me through though but I wanted to claim the full 45 points with the contract earning I had. Hence my proof of earning is going to be from 4 months contract + 8 months permanent pay.

Also I am having a hard time getting a face to face appointment in person booked for Tier1 extension. Says no date available. Is this happening to everyone? Should I just keep trying?

Thanks in advance and appreciate your time!

Best Regards.

jacob79
Newly Registered

Post by jacob79 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:39 am

Hi rsharma6,

Had applied with a similar situation on last Friday at the solihull PEO and was successful.

I would strongly recommend that if you qualify with the permanent job earnings itself apply with that alone. Make your application as simple as possible and straight forward. There is no benefit for claiming 45 points when you need only lesser.

As far as the documents for the earnings through LTD company goes , you need
1. Pay slips
2. Dividend Vouchers
3. Business bank statements
4. Invoices
5. Profit and loss statements
(All signed and sealed by your accountant)
4. Certificate of Incorporation
6. VAT registration
7. PAYE registration(UTR)

Hope this helps.

Good Luck!!!

Regards
Jac

rsharma6
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rsharma6 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:18 am

jacob79 wrote:Hi rsharma6,

Had applied with a similar situation on last Friday at the solihull PEO and was successful.

I would strongly recommend that if you qualify with the permanent job earnings itself apply with that alone. Make your application as simple as possible and straight forward. There is no benefit for claiming 45 points when you need only lesser.

As far as the documents for the earnings through LTD company goes , you need
1. Pay slips
2. Dividend Vouchers
3. Business bank statements
4. Invoices
5. Profit and loss statements
(All signed and sealed by your accountant)
4. Certificate of Incorporation
6. VAT registration
7. PAYE registration(UTR)

Hope this helps.

Good Luck!!!

Regards
Jac
Hi Jac,

Thanks for your advice.

Do I need all the documents listed for showing earning from my contract? I thought we need only two from different sources?

As for permanent earning, I was going to show my salary slips and bank statements. Hope that will do.

I am trying to get an appointment for in person application but without success so far. any advice on how I can get it?

Regards.

jacob79
Newly Registered

Post by jacob79 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi rsharma6,

For the contract (LTD Company) earnings you would need all that.I was personally asked for these documents at the interview.

In terms of permanent employment, pay slips and bank statements would do.P60 could be advantageous.

The personal appointments gets opened at 0000AM. I personally booked being awake till that time of the day.We had a 6weeks delay between the actual interview day and the booking day.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Jac

rsharma6
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rsharma6 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:20 pm

jacob79 wrote:Hi rsharma6,

For the contract (LTD Company) earnings you would need all that.I was personally asked for these documents at the interview.

In terms of permanent employment, pay slips and bank statements would do.P60 could be advantageous.

The personal appointments gets opened at 0000AM. I personally booked being awake till that time of the day.We had a 6weeks delay between the actual interview day and the booking day.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Jac
Hi Jac,

Thanks for your valuable advice. Appreciate it. Would it be please possible to pm me your email? Still have some questions on the supporting documents for contract.

Basically I have couple of concerns

1. When I was contracting I didnt have a company sealed/stamp. So my salary slips is in a plain paper in a format prepared by my accountant. It does have my company name and address. The dividend boucher I have has my company name and my signature as director and my dividend amount (gross, net, tax etc). So will it be an issue without the stamps? I can ask my accountant to put his stamp and signature as well on these documents though.

2. I do not think I have all my business bank statements. The account is now closed. I can try and see if I can get it from the bank.

I think I have rest of the documents though. Could you advise?

If this is going to be too complicated, do you think I can just show my 9 months permanent salary slips which itself will qualify for my earning anyways? I went permanent since 9 months ago and this is why I was gonna use contract earning to make it 12 months.

Also I believe gross salary (before tax) is considered for earning requirement rather than the net (in hand) salary ????

jacob79
Newly Registered

Post by jacob79 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:04 am

Hi rsharma6,

I do not think there is a need for a company stamp. As long as your accountant can sign and stamp for you it should be fine.

I strongly believe that if you qualify with the permanent job earnings itself , you apply with that alone.That could make the application much simpler, which I think the caseworkers are looking for. I had a collegue who applied along with me on the same day with just 7 or 8 months salary slips and successful.

Regards

Jac

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:53 am

Hi rsharma6,

I know a person who applied with his six month pay slips and got extension.

The salary is a proof that UKBA will not question. For contracting services and documentation involved in proving the earnings as a contractor are itself quite tideous.

So I agreed with jacob79. You should apply with only your salary. If the min scoring points are 95 then no need to go for 100. You are not competing in ICS exam. :) As 95 or 100 wouldn't make any difference to this visa itself. It will still be of the same duration.

So my advise is to just use your salaried income and save money of accountant as well.
The question is... to be or not to be....

rsharma6
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rsharma6 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:37 am

Many thanks Jac and Zahid. Appreciate your help.

So like you said its not an exam ;), I will now apply only with my 9 months permanent salary (should get me 45 points for earning with that) :)
But then If I am showing 9 months salary, do I still need to show 12 months bank statement?

Another concern I have is my salary slips has just my given names only without the surname. I have my given names + surname in the bank and passport records i.e. I have AB as my name in the salary slips and ABC in the bank statement and passport where AB is the given names and C is the surname. Is it still a problem as long as I match my salary with the bank statement? or Should this be something I can explain in a covering letter?

Regards.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:41 pm

rsharma6 wrote:do I still need to show 12 months bank statement?

Another concern I have is my salary slips has just my given names only without the surname. I have my given names + surname in the bank and passport records i.e. I have AB as my name in the salary slips and ABC in the bank statement and passport where AB is the given names and C is the surname. Is it still a problem as long as I match my salary with the bank statement? or Should this be something I can explain in a covering letter?
There is no need to show 12 month bank statements. The reason UKBA need a bank statement is to prove that you are earning the desired salary as required in Point scoring criteria. So just Highlight the entries in Bank statement and payslips and submit your case.

Secondly, if the payslip has only your name on it. No problem. Because, it MUST have you NI number and address on it. Secondly the amount it shows as net pay corresponds to the amount showning in Bank statement.

If you want to make it more safe. Get a letter from your Accounts department showing your complete name, address, NI, Date of birth, Date of joining and Gross and Net pay for the period you are planning to apply for.

This will resolve all the issues.

Hope this will work...
The question is... to be or not to be....

rsharma6
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rsharma6 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:01 pm

zahid.ali.anwar wrote:
rsharma6 wrote:do I still need to show 12 months bank statement?

There is no need to show 12 month bank statements. The reason UKBA need a bank statement is to prove that you are earning the desired salary as required in Point scoring criteria. So just Highlight the entries in Bank statement and payslips and submit your case.

Secondly, if the payslip has only your name on it. No problem. Because, it MUST have you NI number and address on it. Secondly the amount it shows as net pay corresponds to the amount showning in Bank statement.

If you want to make it more safe. Get a letter from your Accounts department showing your complete name, address, NI, Date of birth, Date of joining and Gross and Net pay for the period you are planning to apply for.

This will resolve all the issues.

Hope this will work...
Hi Zahid,

Brilliant! Thanks a lot. I am all set to apply for my extension now :)

just to confirm one last thing - the earning points are considered from Gross Salary ( before tax ) rather than Net Salary (after tax). Right ??

Regards.

nkk123
Newly Registered

Tier 1 visa extension

Post by nkk123 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:22 am

Hi,

My tier 1 visa gets expired on 11 June 2012 and I would be submitting my documents for visa renewal in april. I am working as a contractor from the last 2 years and I am running a limited company, what supporting documents do i require to show my earning ? Do I need any specific letters from my accountant in any specific format ? How will i show my salary slip as I am the director of the company and I am the employee, do I show my earnings as director or as employee ? Also Salary slips will not be on companies letter head, so if the accountant just sign it, will that suffice ? What is the minimum earnings that I have to show ?

Cheers