ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entering UK w/ new passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

plov
Newly Registered

Re-entering UK w/ new passport

Post by plov » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:53 pm

Hi, I really hope to get some help here.

I've run out of pages in my current passport and need to get a new one in my home country. I am currently in the UK. I have a Tier 2 ICT visa that is valid and still has more than a year to run in my current passport. Unfortunately, my government will not allow me to keep my old passport under any circumstances.

So my question is what do I need to do to ensure I can get back to the UK with my new passport without having to apply for my Tier 2 visa from scratch? Can I get a biometric residence card while I'm still here in the UK and use it to get back in? What would be the basis for getting BRC? The way I read the instructions on UKBA site, I can't technically do Transfer of Conditions application because I don't have my new passport yet - is that correct?

Really confused here and would greatly appreciate your advice.

Thank you in advance.

Plov

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:00 pm

I can't technically do Transfer of Conditions application because I don't have my new passport yet - is that correct?
Well yes it is correct. They need to put a sticker into the new passport, and clearly that cannot be done without the new passport.
John

plov
Newly Registered

Post by plov » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:06 pm

John, thank you. Is there any way I can get BRP while I'm in the UK with a valid passport and visa?