ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for UK visa...HELP !!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dhodho
Newly Registered

Applying for UK visa...HELP !!!

Post by dhodho » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:07 am

I need advice from anyone with or similar experience/ expertise. i currently live and work in ireland(republic) work and on stamp 4 visa

I need to apply for a uk visitors visa to visit family/unmarried partner(Indefinite leave to remain) who is pregnant and giving birth in january. I used to live in the uk but left voluntary after the UK border agency took more than 3 years to decide my application which was a reconsideration after being denied an extension of a student visa after overstaying because my application reached the home office 5 days after current student visa had expired. therefore it means i lost my right to appeal, however i applied for a reconsideration based on the condition that i was living with my unmarried partner for more than 2 years but the decision was never made until i withdraw my application in 2008 after i had left the country.

could anyone advice what info i should declare together and would this affect my residence in ireland since i never declared my previous uk refusal when i applied for my irish work permits and visas.
also i have a previous drink driving offence in uk 9 years ago. i was banned from driving for 2 years will this affect the decision and what is the more likely outcome

rlow68

Re: Applying for UK visa...HELP !!!

Post by rlow68 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:01 pm

dhodho wrote:I need advice from anyone with or similar experience/ expertise. i currently live and work in ireland(republic) work and on stamp 4 visa

I need to apply for a uk visitors visa to visit family/unmarried partner(Indefinite leave to remain) who is pregnant and giving birth in january. I used to live in the uk but left voluntary after the UK border agency took more than 3 years to decide my application which was a reconsideration after being denied an extension of a student visa after overstaying because my application reached the home office 5 days after current student visa had expired. therefore it means i lost my right to appeal, however i applied for a reconsideration based on the condition that i was living with my unmarried partner for more than 2 years but the decision was never made until i withdraw my application in 2008 after i had left the country.

could anyone advice what info i should declare together and would this affect my residence in ireland since i never declared my previous uk refusal when i applied for my irish work permits and visas.
also i have a previous drink driving offence in uk 9 years ago. i was banned from driving for 2 years will this affect the decision and what is the more likely outcome
You need to be truthful about your stay in the UK and that you left of your own free will when the decision did not come in time, I just have a feeling you will be successful, the decision may take some time, but you will be successful. About the drink driving, that has got nothing to do with Ireland, and I dont think it will come up re your visa application unless, you are convicted in the court and if you are, then it is better you wait for her to come and marry you here, then they have no right to refuse you from joining your wife. Your new situation will overtake your previous records because of her and the marriage.
be positive, if you hide anything about your previous stay in the UK, you will be refused because they have your records.
Good luck

dhodho
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for UK visa...HELP !!!

Post by dhodho » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:56 am

rlow68 wrote:
dhodho wrote:I need advice from anyone with or similar experience/ expertise. i currently live and work in ireland(republic) work and on stamp 4 visa

You need to be truthful about your stay in the UK and that you left of your own free will when the decision did not come in time, I just have a feeling you will be successful, the decision may take some time, but you will be successful. About the drink driving, that has got nothing to do with Ireland, and I dont think it will come up re your visa application unless, you are convicted in the court and if you are, then it is better you wait for her to come and marry you here, then they have no right to refuse you from joining your wife. Your new situation will overtake your previous records because of her and the marriage.
be positive, if you hide anything about your previous stay in the UK, you will be refused because they have your records.
Good luck

My other question is there any risk of the UK border agency passing information to the irish authorities which i never declared here in Ireland when i got my work permit also in case they refuse do they mark your passport. I will be honest and truthful about my history in UK but i am just worried if this application will end up exposing information i never declared here and jeopardizing my residence here as well

tanx

adlexy

Post by adlexy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Your "previous" life was buried by you, so don't worry about it.

1. In your UKBA application, you will need to tell them your previous history in the UK when asked. They already have these details so there is no point telling a different story.

2. The drink driving offense ordinarily should have no effect on your application because you have already paid for your over-zealousness by serving the ban. And I hope you have not been caught driving since then :)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uirements/

3. Since you live legally within the EU/EEA and you are working, your application will receive favorable response from the UKBA.

And more importantly to you - the UKBA is not interested in transferring/sharing your details with Ireland. Very unlikely, except in extreme case where your name came up as a "terrorist" or a "person of interest" which I hope not as I wont want to be advising such person (I really don't want to be an accessory to anything....)

Notwithstanding, you can only give an information which you know to be true and which they already know.

All the best

tina79

divorce certificate

Post by tina79 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:44 am

hi guys,

please can someone help us.

my husband needs to get his divorce certificate from southern ireland. he was married there but only lived there 3month.
he came back to turkey but since then they were not in touch with his ex wich is now 10years.

Can the IRISH embassy in turkey get this for him? we need to apply again as the first application was rejected.

James A
- thin ice -

Post by James A » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:47 pm

Try to visiting this link [link removed by Moderator] where you can see useful information about UK visa.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:55 pm

Mods, can you please delete this a-hole's profile!