ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CSI EEA4 Requirement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

comradekate
Newly Registered

CSI EEA4 Requirement

Post by comradekate » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi all!

I'm seeking a bit of clarification regarding the comprehensive sickness insurance requirement for PR. My Spanish husband is exercising his treaty rights as a fully-employed worker in the UK (he has a 5-year contract, which matches my 5-year residence card nicely). I'm a Canadian, and still covered by my health insurance from grad school (as is my husband, by virtue of being married to me, the lucky sod).

Question: Does the CSI requirement apply to all EEA4 candidates? Or only students/self-employed?

Question: Should my Spanish husband apply for EHIC, or will NHS coverage be sufficient?

Cheers!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: CSI EEA4 Requirement

Post by Jambo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:01 pm

CSI is only needed if the EEA national is student or self-sufficient.

EEA national in employment and his family members are not required to have CSI.

comradekate
Newly Registered

Re: CSI EEA4 Requirement

Post by comradekate » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:59 pm

Jambo wrote:CSI is only needed if the EEA national is student or self-sufficient.

EEA national in employment and his family members are not required to have CSI.
Ah brilliant! I was having a hell of a time deciphering the application-ese (or whatever language the EEA4 is written in). Looks like I'm still on track for PR in 5 years. Thanks Jambo!