ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier4 Dependant Maintenance - Applying from India

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pradeep21
Newly Registered

Tier4 Dependant Maintenance - Applying from India

Post by pradeep21 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:21 am

Hi Guys,

My friend is applying for Tier 4 Dependent visa and he has some questions regarding his application. Hope someone can please help.

My partner has recently(Dec 2011) got an student visa (Validity more than 12months) and I want to apply as dependent on her. I am on PSW (Due to expire in jan2012) as I am going to change my status I need to apply from my home country (India). My partner is studying outside London (Post graduate level – Highly trusted sponsor(University of Leeds)) and does not have established presence. Below are the list of evidence we have

1)My partners Passport.
2)My partners Visa.(BRP)
3)My partners Bank statements for 28 days*
4)Covering letter from My partner
5)House tenancy agreement
6)Letter from Landlord.
7)Marriage certificate
8)My passport
9)My application form.

As my parners visa is more than 12 months can the dependant(myself) work full time in UK or do we have any restrictions on My(dependant) work as well.

Can you please suggest what is the amount that we need to show as evidence. Am I correct in assuming that 400(outer London) x 9months =3600 for a period of 28 days(which should be no more than a month of application date).
In the below paragraph(Policy guidance 04/11) it says that 400x9 = 3600 +600(Required for main applicant’s own maintenance). Can you please confirm which one of the above is correct and also suggest any more evidence needed if we have missed.

For example, if the Tier 4 (General) Student who is studying in outer London or anywhere

72. else in the United Kingdom is making an application at the same time as his/her spouse and two children. He/she must show that he/she has £400 for his/her spouse and a further £400 for each child, in addition to £600 required for his/her own support. In total the family will require evidence that they hold £1800 in available funds (£400 x 3 = £1200 + £600) per month up to a maximum of 9 months.

If a family member applies separately from the Tier 4 (General) Student who is studying in outer

73. London or anywhere else in the United Kingdom, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family. Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third child and the family applies for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an additional £400 per month up to a maximum of 9 months, in available funds.

Thanks in advance,