ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british citizenship......

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

doojaga
Newly Registered

british citizenship......

Post by doojaga » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:08 pm

hallo
i have a question. myself , my wife and my 3 year old kid got british citizenship. i have also applied for OCI.
Now if I decide to stay for sometime in India what will be my status for e.g will it be NRI status.
Whay about my son's status in case he wants to study in India upto 20 yrs of age. Whether as a Overseas citizen my son can study in India or he has to give up his british citizenship? Can you please guide me as to taking british citizenship and oci one can stay in both the countries respectively and in my sons case can he study also in India?
Thanks very much in advance.
regards

tribalboy

Post by tribalboy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:54 am

Hi doojaga,

Firstly I would like to advice you to make the subject more specific as that helps a lot in getting answers.

Your son can study there until he is 20 without giving up citizenship as OCI gives you all the rights like to work,study except buying agricultural land, voting, govt jobs etc.