ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10year long stay pr application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shobapaireddy

10year long stay pr application

Post by shobapaireddy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:03 pm

Hi,
I complete 10 years next feb 2012! I want to apply for my pr. I have been on maternity leave and then didnt go to work due to son being very young. I recently joined a job. I can provide payslips and bank statements for 3 months with sufficient funds. And I can provide all details of my study and completion with certificates. But I do not have any other paperwork to show. Will that create any problem?

Thank you

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:05 pm

Well, you can't apply for PR ... but only ILR on basis of long residence.

Your employment (and associated documents, e.g. - payslips) is not relevant for settlement application under long residence. See SET(O) form for more details about documentary evidences needed.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

shobapaireddy

Post by shobapaireddy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:09 pm

Thank you for the immediate reply. So I can apply for Ilr. You are saying I don't need any paperwork. But how would they giv me the Ilr without checking anything? Sorry but my knowledge regarding such information is very poor.

Thank you

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:14 pm

sushdmehta wrote:See SET(O) form for more details about documentary evidences needed.

shobapaireddy

Post by shobapaireddy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:24 pm

Thnk you!

shobapaireddy

Post by shobapaireddy » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:01 pm

Hi

I was going through the SET O form and in page 38 it asks for documents to be provided. As i didnt know that i could apply for this ILR i discarded them. I may most of them missing because its been 10 yrs and I am a bit worried now that my application might be rejected.. :(

Can you advice please what to do or any alternative paperwork i could provide?

Thank you for your assistance

S

shobapaireddy

Post by shobapaireddy » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:24 pm

Sorry to be a pain. I read the page 38 again section 10s and it says

10S
Long residence - after 10 years’ continuous lawful residence. If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain after completing at least 10 years’ continuous lawful residence in the UK, in addition to the relevant documents in 10A, you must provide:

All the passports you have held during this time. If you cannot provide them all, you must provide the passports you have together with any Home Office letter(s) or other document(s) granting you leave to enter and/or remain in the UK. You should also provide documents of the type listed in 10T below to show that you were continuously resident in the UK during any period(s) for which you are unable to provide a passport.

Does the above mean that if i do not have my previous passports or travel documents as a proof i need to provide all the documents listed in 10T to prove that i lived in this country for 10 years.

Is my understanding right?

thank you :roll:

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:12 pm

Yes.

shobapaireddy

Post by shobapaireddy » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:14 pm

Thank you so much. I think i can manage that :)

shobapaireddy

Post by shobapaireddy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi

How many days can I be out of the country in one year or how many holidays in total can I have if I have to apply for the Ilr for my 10 years long stay. I have been out of the country in 2 different Occasions for 2 months. I hope that doesn't cause a problem. Please advice.

Thank you

Post by 2012 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:06 pm

shobapaireddy wrote:Hi

How many days can I be out of the country in one year or how many holidays in total can I have if I have to apply for the Ilr for my 10 years long stay. I have been out of the country in 2 different Occasions for 2 months. I hope that doesn't cause a problem. Please advice.

Thank you
1. For 10 years, maximum 18 months in total.
2. Each visit shud not be more than 6 months is total.

shobapaireddy

Post by shobapaireddy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:24 pm

Thank you!!

shobapaireddy

Post by shobapaireddy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:18 pm

HI

I had 2 gaps in my 10 years without a visa while waiting for my visa stamping. Both times i had applied within the time limit and waiting for the status. one time it was 18 days and on student visa and the 2nd time it was 22 days waiting for my student dependant visa. Will that affect the application?

thank you

Chakrapani

hi

Post by Chakrapani » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:10 pm

It wont affect your application...

Good Luck Shoba

shobapaireddy

Post by shobapaireddy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:37 pm

Thank you!... :) :)

shobapaireddy

Post by shobapaireddy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:53 pm

Hi Again!

Just wondering, would it better if i posted it or went directly to get the stamping done. Will they interview me and question me after verifying the paper work, or only if something is missing or not correct. Sorry just thought i could save my self a stressful and worried wait!

Thank you

Shoba

Post by 2012 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:23 pm

shobapaireddy wrote:Hi Again!

Just wondering, would it better if i posted it or went directly to get the stamping done. Will they interview me and question me after verifying the paper work, or only if something is missing or not correct. Sorry just thought i could save my self a stressful and worried wait!

Thank you

Shoba
1. For 10 years u can only apply by post.
2. I wud suggest to atleast read the form and the guidance on 10 years.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ormset(o)/

shobapaireddy

Post by shobapaireddy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:11 pm

Hi

It says in the link you sent:

Section 9 of form SET(O) lists the documents that you must send with your application. You should send the original documents, not copies. In exceptional circumstances, we may accept a photocopy that is certified as an accurate copy by the body or authority that issued the original, or by a notary - but you must include a letter explaining why you are providing a certified copy rather than the original document.

You can post your application to us, or apply in person at one of our public enquiry offices - this is a same-day service, available at a premium fee and by appointment only, and is only suitable for straightforward applications that will not require further enquiries. You cannot apply in person if you are currently in one of the following categories:
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
Tier 1 (Investor)
businessperson
innovator
investor
self-employed lawyer

As it hasnt been mentioned about the long term residency, i thought i could go in person. Will it be more scrutinizing if i went in person? or better post it and wait. And it also says in the application the charges for going in person and post.

Please advise!

Thank you

Post by 2012 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:15 pm

shobapaireddy wrote:Hi

It says in the link you sent:

Section 9 of form SET(O) lists the documents that you must send with your application. You should send the original documents, not copies. In exceptional circumstances, we may accept a photocopy that is certified as an accurate copy by the body or authority that issued the original, or by a notary - but you must include a letter explaining why you are providing a certified copy rather than the original document.

You can post your application to us, or apply in person at one of our public enquiry offices - this is a same-day service, available at a premium fee and by appointment only, and is only suitable for straightforward applications that will not require further enquiries. You cannot apply in person if you are currently in one of the following categories:
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
Tier 1 (Investor)
businessperson
innovator
investor
self-employed lawyer

As it hasnt been mentioned about the long term residency, i thought i could go in person. Will it be more scrutinizing if i went in person? or better post it and wait. And it also says in the application the charges for going in person and post.

Please advise!

Thank you
1. The form is for many categories and hence the both options for fee are listed (post/ applying in person).
2. But for 10 years u can only apply by post.

shobapaireddy

Post by shobapaireddy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi

Thank you for your advise. Also i read the guidance notes for SET O form and in point 12 it clearly says that i cant apply in person but only by post. Thank you again for your patience and pointing me into the right direction. I have decided to post my application after the 2nd of Feb giving it less than 28 days.

Regards

Shoba

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:51 am

That’s correct you can’t apply in person under 10 years rule.

shobapaireddy

Post by shobapaireddy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:05 pm

I am ready to post my Set O form for the stamping. I have a question. Is it advisable to send supporting documents like payslips and bank statements or shall i just stick to what they have asked for.

Thank you

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:20 pm

I would say just send the relevant documents.

shobapaireddy

Post by shobapaireddy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:21 pm

Thank you!

I was looking through other posts and read about people giving other supporting documents so just thought i'l ask.

Rgds

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:37 pm

A supporting document should only be a relevant to application. Don’t send anything which you have not been asked for. Your application should be to the point. If unsure, you may ask an expert immigration advisor to check your documents.
Last edited by linkers on Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.