ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Important Judgement : EEA Family Permits

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

frida
Newly Registered

Post by frida » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:50 pm

Hi MelC,

I would also really like to see that letter if possible? :D

AlienX
Newly Registered

Post by AlienX » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:46 pm

Hi All

I sent a query to both WorldBridge and UKBA regarding Family Permit requirements. I am Non-EEA married to Irish national, based in Ireland.

Just received their replays:

WorldBridge
“Please be informed that an Irish residence permit or card is not valid for travel to the UKâ€

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:57 pm

The Upper Tribunal has ruled in the case of TA and Others (2006 Regs – reg 8 ) Nigeria [2011] UKUT 00253(IAC) , that the requirement that a non-EEA national should be accompanying or joining an EEA national should be read as incooperating those who arrived before and after their EEA sponsor.

It remain to be seen in light of this judgement, whether or not the requirement that the EEA national must be accompanying or joining their EEA sponsor, before an EEA family permit is issued is actually lawful. It also remain to be seen whether a person will be denied entry, if on arrival, their EEA sponsor is not available.
This is an interesting case indeed.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

tina79

Post by tina79 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:41 pm

Obie,

wonder if you can advise me.

My husband has refused today to get his FFM permit after his 2nd interview....they said so much crap to him. they did not believe in our marrige and they said my paper work wasnt enough. im in uk 7years!!!!!! exercising my treaty rights. i met my husband last year got married this year. they have all the prove and doc....

any suggestion?

daddy
Member of Standing

Post by daddy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:51 pm

MelC wrote:
Richard66 wrote:They stop the car and call base and ask for instructions. Whenever I challenged them about the EEA FP nonsese that is what they did in Rome.
HI Richard66, I have been reading the forum, I am a newbie here, so please everyone accept my apologies if I am doing something wrong here ~ i don't get chance to be online too often so might have missed a lot ~

i noticed your tagline ~

I had cause to have several discussions with the EEA/fp manager at the UKBA, hes really nice!

i quizzed him on the point of the residence card issue and he confirmed to me that if a non-eu family member has a residence card from that EU state then as the EEAfp is NOT mandatory it does NOT need to be completed, and no EEA/fp is required.

I DO have that in writing if anyone should need it at anytime.

regards
Please sir, could you also forward to me a copy of that letter.I dont want the immigration Officers to waste my time at the ferry port again like they did before, this will be something also handy to present to them.
Many thanks.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:34 am

tina79 wrote:Obie,

wonder if you can advise me.

My husband has refused today to get his FFM permit after his 2nd interview....they said so much crap to him. they did not believe in our marrige and they said my paper work wasnt enough. im in uk 7years!!!!!! exercising my treaty rights. i met my husband last year got married this year. they have all the prove and doc....

any suggestion?
Well your options are to either appeal or reapply.

What were the reasons for their allegations?

If you have lived in the UK for 7 years, you may have acquired Permanent residence, therefore no need for them to say you have not provided sufficient evidence of treaty rights.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

tina79

Post by tina79 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:20 am

thanks Obi,

please can you advise how can i do this? what i need and if it will help him with the application?