ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ICT to tier1 - is travel required by the applicant.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

ICT to tier1 - is travel required by the applicant.

Post by hussainkothari » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:43 pm

Hi.

If one becomes redundant on a ICT, what are their options (spent just above a yr in UK)? I believe the obvious one is go back to your home country. Just checking if there is anything that I have missed.

Also, can her partner take her passport of the country to her home country (while she is still in UK) and make an application for a T1 dependant visa? Or does she need to be present herself to make the dependent T1 application? I know I may be sounding stupid in asking these questions, but I want to be sure!

Thanks.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:23 am

Tier 1 dependent is an entry clearance visa. How will she travel back, if her passport is in other country? So he has to go back and come with the main applicant.

One more thing, Tier1 dependant cannot travel before the main applicant. The main applicant MUST have travelled before dependent or with the dependent to UK.

As far as the options are concerned the Tier 1 General is closed now. However, they may try Tier 2 or Tier 1 Enterpreneur.
The question is... to be or not to be....

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:26 am

zahid.ali.anwar wrote: One more thing, Tier1 dependant cannot travel before the main applicant. The main applicant MUST have travelled before dependent or with the dependent to UK.
There is no such requirement or rule.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:00 pm

mulderpf wrote:
zahid.ali.anwar wrote: One more thing, Tier1 dependant cannot travel before the main applicant. The main applicant MUST have travelled before dependent or with the dependent to UK.
There is no such requirement or rule.
I am not challanging you. But this is my personal experiance. My friend was dependant on her wife's Tier 1 General. He flew before her to UK and was detained by Immigration Staff. He gave them my number as his friend. They called me and I went to Manchester Airport. There they told me that he cannot come to UK before The main applicant. and they kept his passport and gave him a leave for one day. They asked him to come back tomorrow. I took him the next day and he was sent back home.

He later came back with his wife and was granted entry. So I was sharing my experiance and this is what I was told by Border Agency staff present at Manchester Airport.
The question is... to be or not to be....