ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit refusal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

deshu
Newly Registered

EEA family permit refusal

Post by deshu » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:22 pm

hi,
i am an italian national in italy married to an indian. our EEA family permit application is refused on the following grounds :-

1. having mentioned that i am a jobseeker and my husband would accompany me, i have not shown any CV or any job offers.
2. even if i mentioned my actual work position, i have not given my pay slip since my company could not offer it.
3. it is mentioned in the refusing letter :- given your current financial and employment circumstances as shown by you and taking into consideration the current economic climate in the UK, i am not satisfied that you or your husband will be able to easily find employment and that you will not become an unreasonable burden on the social assistance system of the united kingdom.. i am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirements of regulation 6 and 13 of the immigration regulations 2006.
4. we have mentioned that we would like to stay there indefinitely.

it is mentioned that we have 28 days to appeal. but can we appeal giving additional documents? or do we have to reapply? in that case how long before we can reapply?
thanks,
regards,
deshu

tina79

Post by tina79 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:45 pm

hi deshu

having the same problem...my husband got refused today...for the same bullshit....i wrote a strong letter to the istanbul consulate. im from slovaia he is turkish....he had 2 interviews....and they came out with this shit, just like ur...we even provided everything....

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:59 am

will they still reject you if you will have more then £3000 and CSI or you can write in the Cover letter that you wont be burden on anyone as you have family's financial support priovociding proof of CSI?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:00 pm

deshu,

What exactly did the refusal letter say?
Are you both in Italy?

deshu
Newly Registered

Post by deshu » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:03 pm

hi,
me and my husband both are in italy. in the application form i have mentioned that i want to go to uk as a job seeker and i want my husband to accompany me.

the following concerpts are from the refusal letter :-
you have stated on your visa application form that you intend to accompany your italian wife, and that you intend to stay in the uk with her indefinitely.

you state that your wife will be in the uk as a jobseeker. "jobseeker" for the purpose of regulation 6(1) (A) means a person who enters the uk in order to seek employment and can provide evidence that he is seeking employment and has a genuine chance of being engaged.

you have not provided any evidence such as resume, any offers of employment or any evidence of qualifications, skills, previous employment or anything else to satisfy me that your wife would qualify as a jobseeker.
then they have stated the regulation 13 of european economic area immigration regulations.

then they have stated that :- it would appear from information / documentation you have submitted that both you and your wife are currently unemployed and you have not provided any evidence of income or that you hold any savings or assets. given your current financial and employment circumstances as shown by you and taken into consideration the current economic climate in the uk, i am not satisfied that you or your husband will easily find employment and that you will not become any unreasonable burden on the social assistance system of the uk.

thanks,
deshu

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:08 pm

Awesome letter! It is in writing and it is so patently against the requirements of EU law.

Sorry, I know it is a difficult situation. But I have to enjoy a few laughs about the letter itself.

How quickly do you want to be in the UK? How are you planning to get there?

siv123

Post by siv123 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:04 pm

It seems like that being unemployed currently makes you undesireable in UK. I don't understand why people mention that they will live indefinitely in UK. EEA family permit is only valid for 6 months which means you need to apply for Residence card within this period. It is perhaps better to state only six months in this application.
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Awesome letter! It is in writing and it is so patently against the requirements of EU law.

Sorry, I know it is a difficult situation. But I have to enjoy a few laughs about the letter itself.

How quickly do you want to be in the UK? How are you planning to get there?

deshu
Newly Registered

Post by deshu » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:25 pm

hi,
we would like to be in uk as soon as possible. we had mentioned the date in the application as 10th of january. i dont know what to do next.
thanks in advance for the help
regards
deshu

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:14 pm

deshu wrote:hi,
d taken into consideration the current economic climate in the uk, i am not satisfied that you or your husband will easily find employment
there are always plenty opf jobs in mcdonalds and pizza hut

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:03 pm

deshu,

I have sent you a PM

deshu
Newly Registered

Post by deshu » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:18 am

hello guys,
after being refused for the EEA family permit, how long do i have to wait before to reapply again?
thanks
deshu

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:16 am

10 minutes....

You can reapply straight away but the important part is to understand why you have been refused and address those in the new application. Otherwise, you will be refused again.

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:33 am

if u have the right documents now u can always reapply anytime

deshu
Newly Registered

Post by deshu » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:41 am

hello everyone,
i am very happy to say that my husband has recieved the eea permit.
thanks to everyone on this site for their help.
deshu

leo_london
Newly Registered

Re: EEA family permit refusal

Post by leo_london » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:16 am

Hi Deshu, I ve read your posts I am glad you got it! Could you tell us how you changed so it went through? Thanks a lot!

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: EEA family permit refusal

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:16 am

leo_london wrote:Hi Deshu, I ve read your posts I am glad you got it! Could you tell us how you changed so it went through? Thanks a lot!
//// his last post was in 2012
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021