ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A1 English test - partial retake?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AcrossBorders

A1 English test - partial retake?

Post by AcrossBorders » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:05 am

Hi,

My wife attempted the Toeic - A1 English test. She passed the listening but failed the speaking.

The center informed her she can retake the speaking only.

Does anyone know if this is correct and if UKBA will accept this?

TIA!<

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:45 am

I would have thought the listening and speaking are one test not seperate ones so in order to obtain the certificate she would need to pass both combined.

What marks did she get for listening? UKBA webby asks for 60 for listening and 50 for speaking i think, not sure how that works out.

I guess if your wifes centre is saying she is allowed to re-take the part she failed then that should be okay however it would be better to get more advice. Try contacting the examining providers ETS.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:06 pm

Thanks Shade, I'll try probing ETS too