ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier -1 General Extension (Approved) - Limited company

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

avijendr

Tier -1 General Extension (Approved) - Limited company

Post by avijendr » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:06 pm

Applied on November 7th. Received Biometrics invitation on 23 November 2011. Did biometrics enrolment in the local post-office on 27 November 2011. Got approved in a weeks time. Got my documents and approval letter today morning. Waiting for my biometrics card (which should arrive in 7 days)

I am working through my own limited company for the past two years.

Gave the following documentations:

• 12 month Personal/Business statements.
    Letter from accountant confirming my Gross/Net salary/dividends.
    Previous Home office approval letter.
    12 months invoices (With signature and company seal).
    12 months contract papers. (To show that I was in contract employment)
    Company registration Certificate and a
    12 months Salary slips and dividend vouchers (Signed by accountant).
    Company house - company details printout.
    Business card (Containing company web address/ company email address).
    Last financial year accounting statement from accountant.
    Last 3 months accounting statement from accountant.
    Vat registration certificate.
    University degree certificates/mark lists.

Additional

I took additional printouts of my Salary slips and dividend vouchers and pinned them in front of each personal back statements, which covers that salary/dividend. I stamped all additional salary slips and dividend vouchers using my company seal.

I claimed only my net dividend, but the home office gave me another 5 points extra stating they calculated my gross dividend instead. But I'd say you put your net dividend as I have seen earlier where the case worker denies if you put gross dividend. It's still a confusing area. Be safe always!

All the best. Contact me if you have any queries if you apply for visa extension using a limited company 8).

Best regards
Aneesh

newbie_t

Re: Tier -1 General Extension (Approved) - Limited company

Post by newbie_t » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:30 pm

avijendr wrote:Applied on November 7th. Received Biometrics invitation on 23 November 2011. Did biometrics enrolment in the local post-office on 27 November 2011. Got approved in a weeks time. Got my documents and approval letter today morning. Waiting for my biometrics card (which should arrive in 7 days)

Additional

I took additional printouts of my Salary slips and dividend vouchers and pinned them in front of each personal back statements, which covers that salary/dividend. I stamped all additional salary slips and dividend vouchers using my company seal.

I claimed only my net dividend, but the home office gave me another 5 points extra stating they calculated my gross dividend instead. But I'd say you put your net dividend as I have seen earlier where the case worker denies if you put gross dividend. It's still a confusing area. Be safe always!

All the best. Contact me if you have any queries if you apply for visa extension using a limited company 8).

Best regards
Aneesh
Hello Aneesh,

Congratulations on your visa approval!!!

I am going for Tier 1 visa extension next month. I work as an IT contractor as well, through my limited company. I have couple of questions if you could advise me please:

1. Should I select employed or self-employed in the application form?

2. The dates on my payslips and personal bank statements do not match, however the amount does. Would this be a problem?

3. Lastly, please could you send a sample template for the accountant letter confirming salary and dividends if you don't mind?

Thanks again, for offering to contact you in case we need any help.

Best regards,

Jay

avijendr

Post by avijendr » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:08 pm

Employed, because you are employed by your limited company (doesn't matter you are a director)
2. The dates on my payslips and personal bank statements do not match, however the amount does. Would this be a problem?
No it doesn't matter. I didn't even realize that my dates were different, until I saw your message. May be you could just keep a small covering letter stating that the payslips were generated by your accountant and the dates which appear there are the date the slips were generated in his system. It doesn't really matter as long as your amounts tally correctly in the personal/business bank statements and if your accountant certifies that in his letter.
3. Lastly, please could you send a sample template for the accountant letter confirming salary and dividends if you don't mind?
Given in the next post.

Thanks
Aneesh
Last edited by avijendr on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

avijendr

Accountant letter format for Limited company.

Post by avijendr » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:27 pm

To Whom It May Concern:
This letter is to confirm that I have verified the personal income for Mr Aneesh Vijendran received from
his limited company, XYZ Company.

Mr Aneesh Vijendran is the director and sole shareholder of the company with 100% shareholding.
The total income for the period 01 October 2010 to 30 September 2011 was £XX,XXX.XX (gross) and
£XX,XXX.XX (net) and is made up of the following dividend and salary payments.

I can confirm that the following dividend payments were made to Mr Aneesh Vijendran. Supporting
dividend vouchers are enclosed.

Code: Select all

----------------------------------------------------------------
Date	     |	Net Dividend | Tax Credit | Gross Dividend |

Total  |                     |		     |		               |
I can confirm that the following salary payments were made to Mr Aneesh Vijendran. Supporting
payslips are enclosed.

----------------------------------------------------
Month 	     | Date Paid  | Gross   |   Net|
---------------------------------------------------

Total          |                 |	    |	      |

Following is the summary of the invoices received by the company.
Invoice Date Invoice No. Gross VAT Net

--------------------------------------------------------
Invoice Date | Invoice No | Gross   | VAT  |  Net|

Total        |                 |	           |	     |	     |
In accordance with our normal practice this reference is given without liability on the part of this company
or the writer and any use that you wish to make of this information is entirely at your own risk.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours Sincerely
Accountant Name
Accountant
ACCA
Membership No: XXXXXXX

newbie_t

Re: Accountant letter format for Limited company.

Post by newbie_t » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:59 pm

avijendr wrote:To Whom It May Concern:
This letter is to confirm that I have verified the personal income for Mr Aneesh Vijendran received from
his limited company, XYZ Company.

Mr Aneesh Vijendran is the director and sole shareholder of the company with 100% shareholding.
The total income for the period 01 October 2010 to 30 September 2011 was £XX,XXX.XX (gross) and
£XX,XXX.XX (net) and is made up of the following dividend and salary payments.

I can confirm that the following dividend payments were made to Mr Aneesh Vijendran. Supporting
dividend vouchers are enclosed.

Date	     |	Net Dividend | Tax Credit | Gross Dividend |

Total  |                     |		     |		               |
I can confirm that the following salary payments were made to Mr Aneesh Vijendran. Supporting
payslips are enclosed.

----------------------------------------------------
Month 	     | Date Paid  | Gross   |   Net|

Total          |                 |	    |	      |

Following is the summary of the invoices received by the company.
Invoice Date Invoice No. Gross VAT Net

Invoice Date | Invoice No | Gross   | VAT  |  Net|

Total        |                 |	           |	     |	     |
In accordance with our normal practice this reference is given without liability on the part of this company
or the writer and any use that you wish to make of this information is entirely at your own risk.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours Sincerely
Accountant Name
Accountant
ACCA
Membership No: XXXXXXX
Thanks Aneesh. Much appreciated :)

samhita.bhattacharya
Newly Registered

Post by samhita.bhattacharya » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:17 am

avijendr wrote:
Employed, because you are employed by your limited company (doesn't matter you are a director)
No it doesn't matter. I didn't even realize that my dates were different, until I saw your message. May be you could just keep a small covering letter stating that the payslips were generated by your accountant and the dates which appear there are the date the slips were generated in his system. It doesn't really matter as long as your amounts tally correctly in the personal/business bank statements and if your accountant certifies that in his letter.
Given in the next post.

Thanks
Aneesh
Does it matter if divident is differnt amount in some month out of 12 month i mean some month it is 3000 and some month it is 2000

newbie_t

Post by newbie_t » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:49 pm

samhita.bhattacharya wrote:
avijendr wrote:
Given in the next post.

Thanks
Aneesh
Does it matter if divident is differnt amount in some month out of 12 month i mean some month it is 3000 and some month it is 2000
avijendr wrote:
Given in the next post.

Thanks
Aneesh
Dividend is something which is paid out from your company's profits and this is between you and your company. UKBA has nothing to do with the amounts amounts, as long as you earn enough points collectively for the extension.

tier1bays
Newly Registered

Re: Tier -1 General Extension (Approved) - Limited company

Post by tier1bays » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:57 pm

avijendr wrote:Applied on November 7th. Received Biometrics invitation on 23 November 2011. Did biometrics enrolment in the local post-office on 27 November 2011. Got approved in a weeks time. Got my documents and approval letter today morning. Waiting for my biometrics card (which should arrive in 7 days)

Additional

Best regards
Aneesh
Hi Aneesh,
Thank you for sharing the information.
I would appreciate if you can answer couple of my questions from your experience.
I recently started my limited company (Feb 2011), but have had Tier1 since 2009. I went to B-school and hence had to waste two years of my permit.
I am applying for extension next week - I have my own limited company and have been freelancing since March this year. I work with an accounting company for my limited company accounting and as per their suggestion I have been withdrawing very minimal salary and dividends just enough for sustanance and leave the rest in my business account.
While UKBA calculates the points, do they base the earnings of me as individual or the turnover of my company? And also, do I have to show a minimum balance of 800 GBP at any given time in my personal bank accounts?
The reason I am asking is because if I use the April-November salary and dividends alone, I do not meet the requirements. But, If I can use my company turnover for these months, it is substantial amount to pass the points.
And also, can I show a balance of 800GBP from my business account rather?

Thank you in advance for your insights.

Best,

heyyou007
Newly Registered

Post by heyyou007 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:15 pm

avijendr wrote:
Given in the next post.

Thanks
Aneesh

Hello Aneesh
Is it a problem if the salary amounts are different ?
Please suggest

Thanks