ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fixed deposit

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

escapee
Newly Registered

fixed deposit

Post by escapee » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:43 am

Please has anyone on here used a fixed deposit to show evidence of full or part of the funds summing up to 200k or know of someone who has?

Kind regards

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:49 am

You have now started eight separate threads on the subject of your Tier 1 (Ent) application. Please show some consideration to the forum etiquette

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=5722

escapee
Newly Registered

Post by escapee » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:46 pm

I'll delete this and other posts cluttering your forum if you kindly instruct me how to. I'm obviously new here and don't know the full rules; i'm only looking for answers.

Please do you have any suggestions or answers to my question.

Thanks

lifechanger1
Newly Registered

Post by lifechanger1 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi- obviously I dont know the answer to this.

But- Dear Guru Lucapooka- i think you guys spend a lot of time monitoring who posts where and what and how many times. But rarely answer questions. which is exactly why people like above post it in different places, simply because they want an answer and have not been able to get it yet.

Like my previous individual post has never got a reply. If you are a guru, you should spend 2 min of your time giving me an answer and not monitoring if people like above post the same question in multiple places just to get an answer. Obviously I have not done that. But I would if I dont get an answer for another 2 months !

Anyway- I think this forum is more of agents trying to make money of people by not answering the questions which are tricky. its not people helping people.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:14 pm

I disagree. If someone asks all their questions in one thread it's easy to see what they know, what they don't know, and what may be added to that pool of knowledge. If they have several threads going then I'm inclined not to comment as I would likely be repeating information that has already been given. This is called wasting the forum's time.

lifechanger1
Newly Registered

Post by lifechanger1 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:53 pm

Thanks Guru- But I never got a reply to my thread in this same forum. Can you spare 2 min on that if you have time ?

Thanks,

escapee
Newly Registered

Post by escapee » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:49 am

Lucapooka: I have only started 4 posts and not 8. I understand you might not be getting paid to this (I stand corrected) but you'v given me the impression that I'm not welcome here. I'v searched the forum and still haven't found an answer to the above question. It would probably have been more productive if you answered my question with your initial dismissal and then send me a private message instructing that i shouldnt create other topics (just a suggestion).

Most people that would have the same question as mine would still not have it. Thanks for your time on my other posts anyway. Keep up the good work, it must not be easy.

lifechanger1
Newly Registered

Post by lifechanger1 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:47 pm

Now the gurus generally dont reply when challenged. The reality is- they dont want to answer. All they do is keep finding mistakes for silly things like repeat posts. And that is al I see them doing in every thread and forum. Or answer very evasively.

I know its difficult for them to answer people. But dont discourage them the otherway either.

I havent got an answer for my simple questions in my thread either till now.

Probably guru lucapooka and others dont have an answer for it, or they are too lazy to answer.

Or probably its a money making question which agents are waiting to shave something off people for answering those quesions.

But if thats the case- why run a forum at all ? I think its run for the general good of people ?

Guru Lucapooka- any help on my thread or here would be highly appreciated.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:53 pm

lifechanger1 wrote: Guru Lucapooka- any help on my thread or here would be highly appreciated.
And entirely inappropriate give the complete nonsense about me that you have written. I'm not a guru; that's an unbidden sobriquet that the forum has automatically generated (after a member makes a certain number of threads) and I am not able to alter that. I comment on what interests me and may be of help to others. There is no commercial agenda or interest behind my presence on this forum.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Re: fixed deposit

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:17 pm

escapee wrote:Please has anyone on here used a fixed deposit to show evidence of full or part of the funds summing up to 200k or know of someone who has?

Kind regards
I have not and do not know anyone who has.

What is a fixed deposit?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:31 pm

Fixed deposit aka term deposit aka bond (UK).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

escapee
Newly Registered

Re: fixed deposit

Post by escapee » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:08 pm

I have not and do not know anyone who has.

What is a fixed deposit?[/quote]

A fixed deposit I think is the equivalent of a bond here in the UK like the gentleman above mentioned. Thanks for your reply PaperPusher.

By the way, I have been granted the Entrpnr Tier 1 visa so maybe a 'bond' can be used to show as evidence of part-funds amounting to 200k