ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Official List of Suporting Document - PSW Dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

weikianng

Official List of Suporting Document - PSW Dependant

Post by weikianng » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:37 am

Hi all,

I can't seem to be able to locate if there is a list of supporting documents needed to apply for:

Post Study Work - Dependent Visa

Can anyone kindly point me to the correct direction? I have read the PBS Dependent Guide but only found information on Maintenance.

I have gone through the forum and saw a few lists, but have not found any official links by UK Border saying what are the documents.

I have also found sushdmehta's guide on Tier 1 (General). Will this apply to Tier 1 (PSW) the same?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=62853

Thank you.

weikianng

Post by weikianng » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:22 am

Hi, is there anyone that can point me to the correct document?

I need to find out particularly on combination of multiple accounts in two different countries. I have found out we can do that by going through the forum but is there any official statement by UKBA?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:40 am

Read the PBS dependent policy guidance.

weikianng

Post by weikianng » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:12 pm

Please forgive me but I am not able to find anything about combining funds in more than one bank accounts. Actually other than that, I am not able to find anything about other supporting documents like: Sponsor Letter, Marriage Certificate, etc. Can someone kindly point me to the correct direction? I do also need some help with the following. Thanks in advance.

My wife is going to apply for dependent's visa in December 2011. Can I prove the maintenance funds as below? We need to prove £1600 (main applicant - PSW) because I am in the UK for less than 12 months.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Period: 05 September to 05 December 2011

Main Applicant's Current Account + Main Applicant's ISA Account + Dependent's Current Account + Dependent's ISA Account + Main Applicant's Home Country Savings Account + Dependent's Home Country Savings Account + Joint Account = at least £1600.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should we show all the accounts statements for the complete 3 months or can we only show specific period with specific bank accounts like below:

05 September 2011 to 15 September 2011 --- Main Applicant's ISA Account + Dependent's ISA Account + Joint Account + Main Applicant's Home Country Savings Account

16 September 2011 to 22 September 2011 --- Dependent's Current Account + Main Applicant's Current Account + Join Account + Dependent's Home Country Savings Account

22 September 2011 to 05 December 2011 --- Dependent's Current Account Only

weikianng

Post by weikianng » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:42 pm

Anyone can help?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:54 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

weikianng

Post by weikianng » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:58 pm

Dear sushdmehta,

Thank you for your reply. I do fully believe you however, just for the piece of mind, could you point out to me where would be the official statement from UK Border?

Do I need to provide all statements for the 3 months or I could use a few statements for the first period, and another statement for the second period?

Thanks!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:10 pm

weikianng wrote:could you point out to me where would be the official statement from UK Border?
Only requirements are documented, not "non-requirements". You are assuming that multiple accounts or accounts in different countries are not allowed ... but do you see it written anywhere? If not, why are you "imagining" a requirement (which you cannot expect to be documented).

As long as you can explain to the caseworker on how he should read the statements - given the different balances in different statements - it doesn't matter how you present them to him. The general advice is - keep it simple for the caseworker!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

weikianng

Post by weikianng » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:13 pm

sushdmehta,

Thank you for your explanation. Appreciate it.

I will now organise all the documents and hope for the best.

Have a nice evening.

weikianng

Post by weikianng » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:36 am

My wife has been in the UK with be for the past 2 years. She is currently holding a Student Visa and it will end on April 2012. Since we are going back to our home country for a holiday, we have taken the opportunity to apply for a dependant visa while we are back.

My wife will be applying for the PSW - Dependant Visa on the 14th December 2011. I have already filled up the online application and saved it. Will only submit it on the 14 of December as that is when we will be back in our home country.

This is a list on the supporting documents we prepared. It can serve as a reference for future applicants and at the same time to double check with the experts here if everything is fine. As we are combining a few bank accounts (both UK and Home Country Bank Accounts covering different period) hence the list is a little long.

Dependent
1a. Original Passport
2a. 2 x Original Photos

Maintenance
3a. Personal UK Bank Statements (Current Account) Period: 05 Sep 11 - 05 Dec 11
4a. Personal UK Bank Statements (Cash ISA Account) Period: 05 Sep 11 - 23 Sep 11
5a. Personal Home Country Bank Account - Letter (Savings Account) Period: 05 Sep 11 - 10 Sep 11

Sponsor
1b. Certified Photocopy Passport Personal Detail Page (by Post Office - Identity Checking Service)
2b. Certified Photocopy Post Study Work Visa Page (by Post Office - Identity Checking Service)

Maintenance
3b. Personal UK Bank Statements (Current Account) Period: 05 Sep 11 - 23 Sep 11
4b. Personal UK Bank Statements (Cash ISA Account) Period: 05 Sep 11 - 23 Sep 11
5b. Personal Home Country Bank Account - Letter (Savings Account) Period: 10 Sep 11 - 23 Sep 11

Both
6. Joint Bank Statements (Joint Account) Period: 05 Sep 11 - 23 Sep 11
7. Bank Account Letter of Dependent’s Father as Supporting - at least £1600 for 3 months. (The letter stated "It has been verified that Dependent is the daughter of the Account Holder.")

Proving Relationship
8. Marriage Certificate
9. Bank Statements with Previous Address in 2009 and 2010 (Dependent's and Sponsor's)
10. Tenancy Agreement and Supporting Letter from Landlord with both our names.
11. Photo Taken Together in 2009. (Is one photo alright?)
12. Birth Certificate of Dependent (to prove relationship with father)
13. Council Tax Statement with both our names.

Please note:
The reason of multiple bank accounts is to help us apply for the visa earlier, hopefully to prevent the slower processing during Christmas holiday. Proving our maintenance is broken down into 3 periods, which during all periods we have at least £1600.

05 Sept 2011 - 10 Sept 2011
Combination of Sponsor's Cash ISA Account, Dependent's Cash ISA Account and Dependent's Home Country Account.

11 Sept 2011 - 23 Sept 2011
Combination of Sponsor's Current Account, Sponsor's Cash ISA Account, Sponsor's Home Country Account, Dependent's Current Account, Dependent's Cash ISA Account, and Joint Account.

22 Sept 2011 - 05 Dec 2011
Dependent's Current Account Only.