ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (G) - Extension - In Person Appointment Messup

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ColdFusion84
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (G) - Extension - In Person Appointment Messup

Post by ColdFusion84 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:38 am

Hi Everyone,

Has any of you ever experienced anything like this one...

I had an In-person premium appointmrnt in liverpool office on 29th november 2011 to get my Tier1(G) visa extended,

They told me that there is some problem with the system that day if I wish to proceed I can do so but the outcome of my visa extension won't be told to me on the spot. I decided to proceed with my application.

After taking my biometrics, they kept all my documents including my passport and gave a letter which basically says that they still need more time to make a decesion.

It is 8th of december now almost 10 days and I still haven't heard anything from UKBA, nothing regarding my decesion, Nothing about my documents.

Mine is a very straight forward case, I am employed at the same company as a permanent employee for the past 2 years. I have submitted the following documents ::
1. my payslips
2. P60
3. printout of barclays online bank statements of past 12 months
4. printout that I ordered from barclays by paying 5 pounds.
(Its just for 3 months that conain detail of last 3 months for maintenence of funds)
5. University degree
6. Passport

My visa is valid till Feb 2012

I called UKBA today and they told me that in some cases if they are not able to process the application on the same day then they will process the application on the time scale of a mailed application.

I reckon for premium appointments we are expected to get the result in 24 hours for 90% of the cases

Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this, if yes then how long did it took to get youre documents back.

God this is so frustrating. I should have just hired a lawyer and get done with it. Is teher anyway to know the status of my application via a lawyer or any other mechanism, this is such a closed box system.

Regards.

karthik_nk
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 (G) - Extension - In Person Appointment Messup

Post by karthik_nk » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:48 am

ColdFusion84 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Has any of you ever experienced anything like this one...

I had an In-person premium appointmrnt in liverpool office on 29th november 2011 to get my Tier1(G) visa extended,

They told me that there is some problem with the system that day if I wish to proceed I can do so but the outcome of my visa extension won't be told to me on the spot. I decided to proceed with my application.

After taking my biometrics, they kept all my documents including my passport and gave a letter which basically says that they still need more time to make a decesion.

It is 8th of december now almost 10 days and I still haven't heard anything from UKBA, nothing regarding my decesion, Nothing about my documents.

Mine is a very straight forward case, I am employed at the same company as a permanent employee for the past 2 years. I have submitted the following documents ::
1. my payslips
2. P60
3. printout of barclays online bank statements of past 12 months
4. printout that I ordered from barclays by paying 5 pounds.
(Its just for 3 months that conain detail of last 3 months for maintenence of funds)
5. University degree
6. Passport

My visa is valid till Feb 2012

I called UKBA today and they told me that in some cases if they are not able to process the application on the same day then they will process the application on the time scale of a mailed application.

I reckon for premium appointments we are expected to get the result in 24 hours for 90% of the cases

Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this, if yes then how long did it took to get youre documents back.

God this is so frustrating. I should have just hired a lawyer and get done with it. Is teher anyway to know the status of my application via a lawyer or any other mechanism, this is such a closed box system.

Regards.
3. printout of barclays online bank statements of past 12 months - Have you done any of the following two:

UKBA states "If you wish to send electronic bank statements from an online account you should also send a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively, electronic bank statements with the official stamp of the bank that issued the statements will be accepted. The stamp must appear on every page of the statement."