ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Natwest Credit Card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kadik
India

Natwest Credit Card

Post by kadik » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:15 pm

Did anyone face issue with Natwest Credit Card as a Payment option?

I have submitted by Application (+2 dependents) and the total of fee that would be swiped on my card would be GBP 2000. I have enough credit limit; but wanted to know whether anyone have ever faced any issues by using a natwest card for fee payment.

Regards,
Karthik

sree_nair11

Post by sree_nair11 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:01 pm

would be a good idea to call the credit card guys and tell them to expect a big payment. some times card companies won;t process an unusually high payment on your card easily.

kadik
India

Post by kadik » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:27 am

I have done that and they said that they still cant avoid any security checks.

So just wanted to know whether any one else have ever faced an issue with the NATWEST credit card.

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:14 pm

kadik wrote:I have done that and they said that they still cant avoid any security checks.

So just wanted to know whether any one else have ever faced an issue with the NATWEST credit card.
One of my friend has just applied through NatWest Debit card and it went through fine, but you are right they don't guarantee clearing the payment request.

I asked this in another thread but didn't get any replies, Cheques/ Banker draft are one of the safest option but very few people prefer it (referenced from tracker). Is it just inconvenient to use them or any known issues with them?

sree_nair11

Post by sree_nair11 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:56 pm

madhumesh wrote:
kadik wrote:I have done that and they said that they still cant avoid any security checks.

One of my friend has just applied through NatWest Debit card and it went through fine, but you are right they don't guarantee clearing the payment request.

I asked this in another thread but didn't get any replies, Cheques/ Banker draft are one of the safest option but very few people prefer it (referenced from tracker). Is it just inconvenient to use them or any known issues with them?
Bankers Draft is the best option as it is guaranteed by the Bank. I used it for all my applications and there are no issues at all. I think the reason why people don't use it often is that there is an additional charge ( 10 - 20 pounds) for taking one.

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:10 pm

sree_nair11 wrote: Bankers Draft is the best option as it is guaranteed by the Bank. I used it for all my applications and there are no issues at all. I think the reason why people don't use it often is that there is an additional charge ( 10 - 20 pounds) for taking one.
Any ideas, if a consolidated banker draft can be provided for joint application with dependants. As banks charge per draft rather than amount?

Other option is personal cheque, which most of bank in UK provide free of charge with current account and it is pretty safe provided sufficient fund in account.

kadik
India

Post by kadik » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:18 am

I called up the Natwest Credit Card and did inform them that I was expecting huge debits and they did note down (with whom the transaction and the total payment amount).

Finally, without any worries the transaction was approved :) !!