ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:17 am

IQU wrote:ben you should call on thursday maybe you will get through to them .good luck
Thanks. Are Thursday's usually quieter then? Is it a call centre or a single agent answering calls?
xyazx wrote:
Ben wrote:
IndoIrish wrote:Are you still on the call?
No. At about 12pm I gave up. Don't they close at 11.30am anyway? Bit naughty leaving a call in the queue and closing the phone lines! Lucky I've free calls to 1890 numbers..
what network give you free call on 1890 i try other day on 1890 and it cost me to much thnxx
Blueface.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:02 am

hi everybody good luck for citizenship divsion call centre in the morning ?i wish everybody get theirs approvals soon.

dhang

Post by dhang » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:23 pm

dhang wrote:
IQU wrote:i think you wait for another week.if still you didnot got called than difiently you will be in waiting list in feb 2012.
Thanks for a positive outlook IQU.
got the invitation today for February Oath. Thanks God.

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:42 pm

The average time from application to decision is currently 23 months.

A number of measures have been introduced with the aim of significantly reducing the backlog of applications awaiting a decision and from Spring next year achieving an average processing time of 6 months, except where there are exceptional circumstances.

Every effort will be made between now and May 2012 to achieve these goals. Your patience in the intervening period is much appreciated.
first of all 23 months are far from real time. second by may 2012 i hope they have some genie to do this.

Sinolate
Newly Registered

Post by Sinolate » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:50 pm

dhang wrote:
dhang wrote:
IQU wrote:i think you wait for another week.if still you didnot got called than difiently you will be in waiting list in feb 2012.
Congrats! May I ask you when did you originally apply?
I'm a March 2009 applicant and still waiting.

Thanks!

dhang

Post by dhang » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:06 pm

Sinolate wrote:
dhang wrote:
dhang wrote:
Congrats! May I ask you when did you originally apply?
I'm a March 2009 applicant and still waiting.

Thanks!
Thanks. Applied on june 2009.

realhope

Post by realhope » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:04 pm

hi everyone
thanks God. I got invitation for feb ceremony.
i wan ask if any one can help, does any one know what is the procedures for visiting visa for UK for spouse of Irish citizen. do you have to apply for visitor visa or family permit?
thanks
and i wish everyone the best in their waiting. i know its long and i know what it feels to be waiting.
one thing for sure. the minister and the department of justice are working hard for all.
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:48 pm

i think this govt is doing a wonderfull job.good luck everybody

IndoIrish
Newly Registered

question for realhope and dhang

Post by IndoIrish » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:52 pm

Hey realhope and dhang

When did you guys send the payment?

I have sent mine on 29th oct still no update.

Please reply

thanks

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:54 pm

realhope wrote:hi everyone
i wan ask if any one can help, does any one know what is the procedures for visiting visa for UK for spouse of Irish citizen. do you have to apply for visitor visa or family permit?
thanks
and i wish everyone the best in their waiting. i know its long and i know what it feels to be waiting.
one thing for sure. the minister and the department of justice are working hard for all.
Hey realhope
When did you send the yellow form back?
Last edited by ostrich on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its never too late

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:08 pm

next ceromany is on 9 dec 2011 cork.its suppose to be the big ceromany in ireland but govt and ministers party findout budget is announce same week.but they already invite few hundred to the 9 dec cork ceromany so they dont want to cancel the citizenship ceromany.so its only for 635 appilcants.but i hope feb 2012 ceromany will be the big one . good luck everybody if you need more details just check it out www.inis.gov.ie

realhope

Re: question for realhope and dhang

Post by realhope » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:56 am

IndoIrish wrote:Hey realhope and dhang

Please reply

thanks
hi
i sent on 25 october. so yours will be soon. all the best
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

dhang

Re: question for realhope and dhang

Post by dhang » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:10 pm

realhope wrote:
IndoIrish wrote:Hey realhope and dhang

Please reply

thanks
hi
i sent on 25 october. so yours will be soon. all the best

i sent mine on the 26/10/11. your's is on the way i'd say.

Sinolate
Newly Registered

Post by Sinolate » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:22 pm

Does anybody has any experience with their local TD regarding naturalisation?
I spoke to the TD's Office in my area today about my situation and the fact I've been waiting 33 months and the lady on the phone was very helpful. She said they deal with a good bit of those queries and that INIS are normally quick to respond to them through email. She took my details; she'll email them today and told me that she expects an answer within 3-5 working days based on the office's past experience regarding this matter. She'll then get back to me and let me know what happened and/or if I need to meet with the TD in person to discuss the matter further.

Does anybody has a similar experience with their TD? Did that help speed up decision process in any way?

I appreciate your response :)

Thanks!

xyazx

Post by xyazx » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:15 pm

thanks
you have to apply for EEA family permit not the vistor one

samchoopra

Post by samchoopra » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:32 pm

hello any new for 2011 applications?
any one around from feb 2011 applicant got any news?
thanks if some one would like to share.

Malika

Post by Malika » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi,

I have also been waiting for over 30 months. I also did contact my TD but I personally think it doesn't make any difference. The reply is a template, nothing to show that it is about you . " The application is currently being processed with a view to establishing whether the applicant meets the statutory conditions.........blah......blah....blah" and also don't forget that it is a privilege not a right (you will surely be reminded of that)!

Thanks![/quote]
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:16 am

Malika wrote:Hi,

I have also been waiting for over 30 months. I also did contact my TD but I personally think it doesn't make any difference. The reply is a template, nothing to show that it is about you . " The application is currently being processed with a view to establishing whether the applicant meets the statutory conditions.........blah......blah....blah" and also don't forget that it is a privilege not a right (you will surely be reminded of that)!

Thanks!
Is there anything unusual about your case? i.e. do you meet the full residence requirements, and if not, are you applying on the basis of association with an Irish citizen/Irish affinity?

Malika

Post by Malika » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:08 pm

doesnotcompute wrote:

Thanks!
Is there anything unusual about your case? i.e. do you meet the full residence requirements, and if not, are you applying on the basis of association with an Irish citizen/Irish affinity?

Nah.... nothing unusual about my case. infact it is quite straight forward. I meet the requirements. All the boxes are ticked. I have refugee status.
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:37 pm

Malika wrote:
doesnotcompute wrote:

Thanks!

Nah.... nothing unusual about my case. infact it is quite straight forward. I meet the requirements. All the boxes are ticked. I have refugee status.
Are you working though cause i think that matters too.
I had refugee status and my application was approved within 9 months.
I hope your approval comes soon. Keep at it. You will get there.
Its never too late

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:47 pm

xyazx wrote:
thanks
you have to apply for EEA family permit not the vistor one

you dont have to apply for EEA family permit, you have a choice either go for visit visa (single/multiple entry) fees depanding on the length of a visa such as 6mnts , 1 year 2 year ect ect..

your other choice is EEA Family permit which is ofcourse better:
EEA family permit is only valid for 6 months with multiple entry and its free of cost for spouse of irish citizens you are also allowed to work or start business in Uk with this visa.
good luck

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:38 pm

congrats to those who are taking the oath tommorow morning in cork.i hope our turn will be coming soon.good luck everybody

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:10 pm

is any your mate attend the ceremony in cork today ?

IndoIrish
Newly Registered

yeah

Post by IndoIrish » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:12 pm

IQU wrote:is any your mate attend the ceremony in cork today ?
yes, Friend of mine attendend and he said it was an excellent event and well organised.

hope to attend the same soon.

I still didn't receive the update since I sent the payment on 29th oct and now my visa is expired and I need to renew it but my GNIB card is with INIS. dont know what to do?

waiting for the post eagerly.!

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:36 pm

dont worry mate you dont have to renew your visa anymore once you have approval.you will get your citizenship ceremony dates within next 2-6 weeks.congrats .