ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payslips- Limited company contractor

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newbie_t

Payslips- Limited company contractor

Post by newbie_t » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:52 pm

Hi all,

I am going for Tier 1 extension next month. I work as a contractor through my limited company. I am the sole director of the company and take salary and dividends on a monthly basis.

My accountant has agreed to issue me payslips and sign them. However all the dates on the payslips is 6th month of every month and he said that he cannot change them to match my personal bank statements( when actually the salary amount was credited) for tax point reasons.

For example, April's payslip has the date of 06-04-2011, but the amount credited was on 15-04-2011. Will this cause any problem? If it does, should I ask my accountant to mention this in his covering letter.

Note: The net amount on the payslip and bank statements do match.

Any advise please?

Many thanks,
Jay

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:53 pm

However all the dates on the payslips is 6th month of every month and he said that he cannot change them to match my personal bank statements( when actually the salary amount was credited) for tax point reasons.
That is rubbish. A tax month runs from the 6th of a month to the 5th of the next month, and moving the "tax point" from one tax month to another is not good.

However no tax problem moving the payment date within a tax month, for example from the 6th to the 15th.
John

alexn
Newly Registered

payslips

Post by alexn » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:15 pm

is it a problem if my the date of my payslips show for example: January payslip 31/1/11 and my salary went into the bank on 5/2/11?

newbie_t

Re: payslips

Post by newbie_t » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:39 am

alexn wrote:is it a problem if my the date of my payslips show for example: January payslip 31/1/11 and my salary went into the bank on 5/2/11?
@susdmetha-moderator:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=92485 is completelyu a different topic from the one above.

Please could you let me know why I am asked to continue in this one?

Thanks,
Jay

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:50 am

My Moderator colleague has taken the correct action. It is clearly the same subject matter as this topic.

Keep it altogether!
John

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:55 am

The date a salary is credited in to a bank account or the date a salary slip is issued does not determine the "earning period". The days / period of employment for which a salary is paid to you (irrespective of the date it is credited in to a bank account) determines the "earning period" - and, this period of employment for which a salary slip is usually a "calendar" month.

The "earning period" you wish to consider must be within 15 months preceding the application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

newbie_t

Post by newbie_t » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:41 pm

sushdmehta wrote:The date a salary is credited in to a bank account or the date a salary slip is issued does not determine the "earning period". The days / period of employment for which a salary is paid to you (irrespective of the date it is credited in to a bank account) determines the "earning period" - and, this period of employment for which a salary slip is usually a "calendar" month.

The "earning period" you wish to consider must be within 15 months preceding the application.
@sushdmehta - Many thanks for replying. If comprehend your reply correctly Then I should be OK with the dates 01-Jan-2011 to 31-12-2011?

Regards,
Jay