ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contract to Full-Time. Seeking some Suggestions!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunnykapoor7
Newly Registered

Contract to Full-Time. Seeking some Suggestions!

Post by sunnykapoor7 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:09 am

Hello Friends,

I've recently moved to UK along with my wife, new to the country rules, and therefore, seeking your help in some areas. I've got a contract for a month beginning Nov 25 and then I've been offered a Full-Time job I have to start in last week of December. I've opened a Limited company for this contract and I'm the sole director and share holder. I will join this full time position in Dec end and I request you to help me in the following areas:-

Q1. Assuming that this short contract gets me around 5000 GBP, what is the minimum amount I should pay myself as salary and how much should I pay as divident and at what intervals (i.e. one time or every month)?

Q2. My wife has a Tier 1 dependent visa. Is she eligible to work on a contract using my Limited company? Should I be adding her as a shareholder of the company?

Q3. Under what circumstances should I continue to keep this company open and when should I consider closing this company?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Sunny

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:15 am

can't answer 1 and 3 (you may need to consult other websites with similar info), answer to your q2 is yes.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:50 pm

Get a accountant to sort this out for you. Accountants tailor the salary and dividends such that you pay less tax. Also when it come to Tier1 ext, it necessary to show an accountants letter for all your earnings.