ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family permit and bank statement a new case

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scorpio1

family permit and bank statement a new case

Post by scorpio1 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:32 pm

Hello everybody,
I would like to share a new case in issuing family permit, this case is not directly to me but one off my friend is involving so he asked me to give him any suggestion what should he do at this stage.

Actually he applied for EEA family permit but ECO refused application on basis of ‘finances’, he is living with wife in EU country, they both decided to go to UK for few days and he submitted his bank statement (not wife) without any English translation.

Eco got confused I think and stated in refusal ‘I am satisfied you have not enough finance to support yourself during your stay’
I suggested my friend ECO is totally incorrect, by law even he don’t need to submit any financial statement.

What forum members say? Any comments welcome.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: family permit and bank statement a new case

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:03 pm

scorpio1 wrote:Actually he applied for EEA family permit but ECO refused application on basis of ‘finances’, he is living with wife in EU country, they both decided to go to UK for few days and he submitted his bank statement (not wife) without any English translation.

Eco got confused I think and stated in refusal ‘I am satisfied you have not enough finance to support yourself during your stay’
I suggested my friend ECO is totally incorrect, by law even he don’t need to submit any financial statement.
Why the heck do people submit things like bank statements? 100% absolutely not needed for a married couple

The only documents they should submit:
one EU passport or ID card
one non-EU passport
one marriage certificate

If you submit more documents, or provide information about how much money you have or whether you are presently working, you invite problems. This applies for BOTH the EU and the non-EU person.

Your friend should resubmit and Complain also

scorpio1

Post by scorpio1 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:41 pm

Thanks for comment,
I agree with you but friend read at UKBA eea-family-permit guide, then he thought best is to submit
but again its written there

Information about your finances and employment

Code: Select all

You may submit any of the following financial documents to provide us with evidence of how your trip is to be funded. You should consider including evidence of your total monthly income from all sources
I think sometimes given information makes confustion too as there are number of documents online even by UKBA nad EU.

Thanks

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:08 pm

UKBA uses a lot of cheating words in this quote
You may submit any of the following financial documents to provide us with evidence of how your trip is to be funded. You should consider including evidence of your total monthly income from all sources
In the case of a spouse of an EU citizen, it is in almost all cases totally unneeded.

scorpio1

Post by scorpio1 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:43 am

Thanks you Directive,
could you please provide me any weblink where i can read more information on this issue?(if you know)
doesn't matter at UKBA or EU websites.

Thanks

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:49 am

scorpio1

Post by scorpio1 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:00 pm

Quick to say thank you Directive,
I will read info tonight.
Cheers

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:36 pm

scorpio1 wrote:Quick to say thank you Directive,
I will read info tonight.
Cheers
Saturday night. The city is pulsing and hot. And you are at home reading immigration law? You are as bad as me!

scorpio1

Post by scorpio1 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:00 pm

Saturday night. The city is pulsing and hot. And you are at home reading immigration law? You are as bad as me!
not too bad i think lol

ready to help others a syou know.

cheers

tina79

Post by tina79 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:30 pm

Why the heck do people submit things like bank statements? 100% absolutely not needed for a married couple

one non-EU passport
one marriage certificate

it is funny, but we gave them these + pictures and phone bills and they said i is not enough prove for us to say we are married from love!!!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:36 pm

tina79 wrote:

one non-EU passport
one marriage certificate
it is funny, but we gave them these + pictures and phone bills and they said i is not enough prove for us to say we are married from love!!!
It sometimes looks like when you submit extra material they ask more questions and refuse for incorrect reasons.

tina79

Post by tina79 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:41 pm

yes, but if you do not give them then they send it back to say not enough material marriage of convenience. ...

so now you decide????

scorpio1

Post by scorpio1 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:26 am

Actually Bureaucracy is backbone of any Government so sometime there is difference between “theory” and “practical”.
Same picture now a days.

Cheers

tina79

Post by tina79 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:57 am

yes, u r right, but my question is....are they following the EU law or they following they UK immigration law when it comes to non EEU applying for EEA family permit?! confused! :?