ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help: sponsor's letter of permission - confused

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nartallo
Newly Registered

Urgent help: sponsor's letter of permission - confused

Post by nartallo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:03 pm

Hi all,

I will be soon applying to PSW visa using the premium service and require it urgently without a delay or loss of the applicatino fee.

The item D13. of the application form states that:

D13. Please tick to confirm the following evidence has been supplied.
(tick box) Original written confirmation from the applicant's sponsor giving consent to this applicaion

I just received the signed and stamped letter from my sponsor and in the body of the letter it states that:

"Scholars are expected to return and to provide services in related fields upon completion of their studies. However, this is not a conditionality and the programme does not require any compulsory services."

And the final paragraph of the letter is as follows:

"The letter is provided for the Tier-1 Post Study Work Visa application of the scholar and given upon his request. Hereby, we express our consent for our scholar to remain or re-enter the United Kingdom unconditionally, without any monetary and/or time-framed obligations as stated in the application regulations"

I know how sensitive the UK border is about the statements in the documents provided and I am pretty much confused about their giving permission for me to stay in UK while expecting me to return back at the same time.

Can you please analyse this letter and share your opinions?

Thanks.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:47 pm

seems like they know what they are doing!

there were some issues reported over here but this letter, in my opinion, seem to cover all the trap falls

wait for other members reply too

nartallo
Newly Registered

Post by nartallo » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:42 am

Any other comments?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent help: sponsor's letter of permission - confused

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:20 am

nartallo wrote:"Scholars are expected to return and to provide services in related fields upon completion of their studies. However, this is not a conditionality and the programme does not require any compulsory services."
suggests what the scholar should do or is expected to do (morally).
nartallo wrote:Hereby, we express our consent for our scholar to remain or re-enter the United Kingdom unconditionally, without any monetary and/or time-framed obligations as stated in the application regulations.
Clear enough, IMHO. They absolve you of your moral obligation(s) and are confirming so to UKBA.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nartallo
Newly Registered

Post by nartallo » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:33 am

Alright, then I will be applying by post on Tuesday. Thanks both of you for your comments.

nartallo
Newly Registered

Post by nartallo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi. I delayed my application until today and now I have one more question about this sponsor's letter.

In the PSW guide there's a section for "Evidence for sponsored students" and it says that:
"The evidence must be original, on the official letter-headed paper or stationery of the organisation and have the official stamp of that organisation. It must have been issued by an authorised official of that organisation."

My concern here is, although the document I have received is in the proper format (e.g. letter headed), the letter was black and white printed (or photocopied) instead of coloured, and then signed and stamped with blue ink. So basically signs and stamps are origainal, but the letter, title, logo of the instution are all black and white.

Do you think will that cause any problem?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:36 pm

nartallo wrote:Hi. I delayed my application until today and now I have one more question about this sponsor's letter.

In the PSW guide there's a section for "Evidence for sponsored students" and it says that:
"The evidence must be original, on the official letter-headed paper or stationery of the organisation and have the official stamp of that organisation. It must have been issued by an authorised official of that organisation."

My concern here is, although the document I have received is in the proper format (e.g. letter headed), the letter was black and white printed (or photocopied) instead of coloured, and then signed and stamped with blue ink. So basically signs and stamps are origainal, but the letter, title, logo of the instution are all black and white.

Do you think will that cause any problem?
it doesn't say that the logo has to be in colour, just that the letter has to be original and on the official lettehead of the organisation, and has to be stamped.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:39 pm

...in other words, all systems GO!

you are over thinking it... which is not necessarily a bad thing. but i think you have covered all your basis here.... apply with confidence

nartallo
Newly Registered

Post by nartallo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:36 pm

Thx again for the replies.

A bit off-topic but one more thing I need to ask:

In the sponsor's letter it says that I had this support providing that my course duration is not more than 12 months.

In the J1 section of the application form, the start and end dates of the course is asked and in the guides it is indicated that course start and end dates should match the PSW letter provided by the university.

In my PSW letter from university, although my course end date was officially 02 October 2011, it says that:
"Mr.xxx commenced on 2 october 2010 and remained registered until 26 october 2011" and later: "Mr xx has successfully completed his programme of study and his qualification has been awarded on 17 October 2011."

For these complications, I'm not sure whether I should write 17 October, 26 October or else the actual end date 02 october 2011(which does not match the university letter) :?: Could you please advise once more?

wazobia

Post by wazobia » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:28 pm

nartallo wrote:Thx again for the replies.

A bit off-topic but one more thing I need to ask:

In the sponsor's letter it says that I had this support providing that my course duration is not more than 12 months.

In the J1 section of the application form, the start and end dates of the course is asked and in the guides it is indicated that course start and end dates should match the PSW letter provided by the university.

In my PSW letter from university, although my course end date was officially 02 October 2011, it says that:
"Mr.xxx commenced on 2 october 2010 and remained registered until 26 october 2011" and later: "Mr xx has successfully completed his programme of study and his qualification has been awarded on 17 October 2011."

For these complications, I'm not sure whether I should write 17 October, 26 October or else the actual end date 02 october 2011(which does not match the university letter) :?: Could you please advise once more?
Like someone up there said, you are over thinking this just a bit lol. Although it can be a good thing...

Basically, the only official end of course date, as given by your school, is the 26th of October. So do not worry yourself about the 2nd October, when you finished. You have to realise that when Universities typically do not have fixed dates for their exams, so hypothetically you could have finished earlier, or later, than the 2nd October. However, they do fix their end of course dates, which in your case is 26th October.

Like I said, your official school letter says you were registered until the 26th October. So even though you had finished your exams / dissertation by the 2nd October, you were still registered as a student and could use school facilities such as the library until the 26th. And that is what you should put down.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:16 am

You can put the end date of 2nd Oct- the letter from the university says the date you were awarded, and the date when you were registered/enrolled - so if you put the date that you finished studying (which is what the question on the form asks) you will not be saying something contradictary.

wazobia

Post by wazobia » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:29 am

Actually, the request is for the course start and end date, and not when the particular student finishes his studies. Some students might take longer than others to finish their studies (due to some exams finishing earlier than others), but as long as they belong to the same department, they all have the same start and end date.

You can put 02 October if you want to, but my advice is to stick with what your University says. The guideline says it should match the dates on your University letter, follow that and you are fine.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:21 pm

wazobia wrote:Actually, the request is for the course start and end date, and not when the particular student finishes his studies. Some students might take longer than others to finish their studies (due to some exams finishing earlier than others), but as long as they belong to the same department, they all have the same start and end date.

You can put 02 October if you want to, but my advice is to stick with what your University says. The guideline says it should match the dates on your University letter, follow that and you are fine.
the question on the form is the dates during which the student undertook study - which according to the OP, was until 2nd October. the university have put the date until which the student was enrolled at the university, as well as the date that the student was awarded. there is nothing wrong with putting the 2nd Oct since the university letter does not state that the student finished studying later than this, just that the student was awarded later and was enrolled until a later date.