ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Advice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ohoopee

Immigration Advice

Post by Ohoopee » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:32 am

Hello, I really need some advice. I am currently a culinary Student attending a Le Cordon Bleu School in the United States and I am a US Citizen. I visited the UK back in 04 and just fell in love with it and I would really like to live and work there after I am done with school. I will graduate in March 2007 and work in the culinary industry for a few months then in October of 2007, I will attend Le Cordon Bleu in London to get my next level of education. But my education in London will only last three months. Upon Graduation from My current american Le Cordon Bleu, I will recieve an Associates Degree. Upon completion of Le Cordon Bleu London, I will recieve a Le Cordon Bleu degree which is supposed to be equivilant to a bachlors degree. I would really love to get a job in a restaurant in the UK and remain there living and working after I am done with LCB London. However, I have been told that immigration is tough right now, not just in the UK but in all of Europe. I want to immigrate now while I am young and don't have a family. ONe, I believe that having a wife or kids will probably make it harder to immigrate and two even if not, I will not want to up root them. So I am here for advice.

Do you think I will have any problems immigrating you the UK if I can get an restaurant in the UK to sponsor me? If I can't get into the UK, what would be the easiest country in Europe for a chef to immigrate too.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:10 pm

Your restaurant could try to apply for a Work Permit for you although I am not aware whether your occupation falls to be a sufficiently skilled one to meet the rules. This seems to be the only avenue for you.

I am not aware of any advantages that UK can provide in terms of quality of life as compared to the US. Short visits in the UK cannot give you any truthful impression of the country and of the reality of life here. You need to come here temporarily and experience it yourself before making a right decision of the permanent immigration.

Ohoopee

Post by Ohoopee » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:05 am

Hello, Well like I said, I will be moving to the UK for three months in October of 2007 to attend school so if I decide then that I do not want to stay then I will simply return to the US after my Student Visa has expired. It is not really that I am looking for a better quality of life. I don't have anything against the US and I am not trying to simply get away from George Bush or anything like that. My family origonally came to the US from England, granted this was a very long time ago but when I visited in 04, it was to visit the house and the graves of my ancestors. I simply fell in love with the country and felt ever since that I just belong there thats all. A culinary Instustry is just one of those fields that is never mentioned anywhere as far as immigration is concerned yet no matter where you go, there are always a lot of non nationals in the Spam so I am hoping that I will be able to stay if my impression of the UK matches my last visit when I start attending there. If not, I will simply return to the US.