ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 PBS Newly Born Childeren Visa Lead Time (In Country)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

techie_09

Tier 1 PBS Newly Born Childeren Visa Lead Time (In Country)

Post by techie_09 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:19 am

Hello Members,

I submitted postal application to get Tier 1 dependent visa for my newly born son on 20th Oct 2011. The payment was debited promptly on 22nd Oct but after that I haven't received any communication from UKBA for Biometric appointment.

1. Do you know what is the current lead time for biometric letter for this type of application?

2. I didn't submit my own (i.e. Main applicant) passport with the application which is I believe is not required. Can someone please confirm it is not required?

Thanks in advance
Techie

muzaf14
Newly Registered

Post by muzaf14 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:47 am

hi we posted our application for our son on the 21st of october which reached on the 24th due to the weekend and got biometric letter on the 18th of november...letter was dated on the 15th. we submitted baby's biometric in croydon PEO on the 21st and now waiting for passport and BRP. how far did your application proceed?

techie_09

Post by techie_09 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:06 am

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't heard anything from Home Office and still waiting for Biometric appointment letter. I am bit worried because I have travel plans in January end.

Can you please tell me whether you submitted Main applicants (i.e. Tier 1 Holder) passport also?

Thanks
Techie

muzaf14
Newly Registered

Post by muzaf14 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:30 am

We called the home office before making the application and asked if we need to send the main applicant's passport and they said we have to so we sent that as well.

ali_SHAX
Newly Registered

Tier1 dependant -Rejected- invalid application

Post by ali_SHAX » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:25 am

Hello all,

Please help me as I am very confused as my kids application as tier-1 dependant application is returned. I applied within UK and they sent me application back after one month saying that the payment page is not filled and application is invalid.
Which I am sure I have filled it. They sent back the application forms after removing the payment pages and I have no idea what mistake I have done. I am sure I have filled out the payment page correctly.

Please advice what shall i do next.

1- Shall I send a new application OR shall I appeal against it.
2- Do the main applicant needs to send his passport or the certified copies are enough.
3- What else shall I make sure before re-sending the application.

Thanks all.

Regards,
Ali

ali_SHAX
Newly Registered

Post by ali_SHAX » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:46 am

Dear muzaf14

Can you please give me the contact number that you called home office.

Thanks

muzaf14
Newly Registered

Post by muzaf14 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:45 pm

it is the general inquiry number 08706067766.

techie_09

Post by techie_09 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:35 pm

Couple of weeks ago I also called up UKBA and was advised to send my passport as well. I sent my passport promptly. Didn't hear from them about my application. It has been 7 weeks since I sent my original applcation.

1. does any one know will UKBA put my application in queue after receiving my application? or is there some other process like additional check etc.

2. If I withdraw my application citing my travel plans will I get refund? My card has already debited.

3. I understand UK born child can travel outside UK but they need Entry Clearance visa to come back to UK. If this is the case I may apply for visa outside UK (in case I withdraw my application).

Would appreciate if some one please can advice.

Thanks
Techie

techie_09

Post by techie_09 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:05 pm

Finally I received biometric appointment letter today. I have booked appointment for next Friday.

Any idea how much time it takes from biometric completion date?

Thanks
Techie

twistermmh
Newly Registered

Post by twistermmh » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:26 pm

The following is the timeline for my UK born baby as dependant of a tier 1 general migrant:

Application sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery on 7th Oct 2011
Application delivered on 10th Oct 2011 ( due to weekend)
Payment taken on 11th Oct 2011 by debit card
Biometric letter dated 10th Nov received on 12th Nov 2011
Biometric enroled on 18st Nov 2011 at croydon PEO
Still waiting for Passport with approval letter and BRP......

Advice not to submit in post if you have urgent travel plans