ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No word on Citizenship Ceremony! Docs accepted on Nov 1st

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ITGuru
India

No word on Citizenship Ceremony! Docs accepted on Nov 1st

Post by ITGuru » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:24 pm

After getting confirmation on citizenship approval 950 Euro along with GNIB card & other docs were send and from AnPost tracking ref, it was accepted on 1st NOV. But till now I havent received any acknowledgement nor any info about the ceremony date. I contacted INIS, but was told that they had a huge backlog.

Any one on the same boat?

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:09 pm

congrats mate for recieving the approval letter anyway.there was ceremony held in cork today aroung 635 applicant attended.i think you will be wait next 2-6 weeks before getting confirmation for next citizenship ceremony.can you please share with us when did you apply for citizenship on what grounds etc etc .

ITGuru
India

Post by ITGuru » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:34 am

IQU wrote:can you please share with us when did you apply for citizenship on what grounds etc etc .
Came on Dependant visa years back, was working for few years, lost job during the start of recession, got a job after an year. Applied for citizenship after 5 years of residency. Recently got the application approved. I know a person who never worked in Ireland as he was dependant which required work permit, but got his citizenship application approved earlier than me.

INIS should send the applicant a confirmation / acknowledgement letter when they receive the 950 euro with GNIB card even if they are processing it later due to backlog.

Father Ted
Newly Registered

Post by Father Ted » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:07 pm

Same here. Still no acknowledgement, no invitation yet. They said the same: huge backlog and to wait for few weeks . So I reckon this means after Christmas. :( And I so hoped for Xmas prezzie!! But next ceremony is in February (in Dublin), so i hope to get at least there!