ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Studying @ different Uni Can I apply PSW on previous degree?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sj123
Newly Registered

Studying @ different Uni Can I apply PSW on previous degree?

Post by sj123 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi, I have a UK degree awarded in September 2011 from different Tire 4 sponsor. Currently doing my Masters at different university, so my sponsor and BRP are not same as I had while doing my first degree. Can I still apply for PSW? Is there any restriction that you should be on same student visa for applying PSW ?

Thanks...

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:51 pm

did you apply for a further tier 4 visa in order to study at your new university?

sj123
Newly Registered

Post by sj123 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Greenie wrote:did you apply for a further tier 4 visa in order to study at your new university?
Yes I am on other Tire 4 Visa for last seven months..

Thanks,

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:14 pm

sj123 wrote:
Greenie wrote:did you apply for a further tier 4 visa in order to study at your new university?

Thanks,
please clarify - was the tier 4 visa you have now issued for you to study at your current university?

sj123
Newly Registered

Post by sj123 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:50 pm

Greenie wrote:
sj123 wrote:

Thanks,
please clarify - was the tier 4 visa you have now issued for you to study at your current university?
I think you are getting confused!
I had Tire 4 visa from sponsor say A and I've finished that degree...1
Before my results I joined other Uni say B and I'm doing masters degree second, now under Tire4 obviously if you join new course you need a visa from that uni/Inst..without that you cant study. So I had a different BRP for that.

Thanks,

weikianng

Post by weikianng » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:20 am

sj123 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
sj123 wrote:

Thanks,
Before my results I joined other Uni say B and I'm doing masters degree second, now under Tire4 obviously if you join new course you need a visa from that uni/Inst..without that you cant study. So I had a different BRP for that.

Thanks,
Your description is making people confused! Hence it has to be clarified to avoid wrong information to be provided.

It doesn't matter how many visa you had. You are only going to use one qualification to apply for PSW isn't it? Will you be using 5 qualification if you did 5 degrees? You don't need to as UKBA only require one.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:00 am

sj123 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
sj123 wrote:

Thanks,

Thanks,
I am not confused in the slightest - you were not answering the question.