ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Question: marriage related!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jiggyjo
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Question: marriage related!

Post by jiggyjo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:05 pm

Hi,

I came into the UK with a workpermit and just became a permanent resident (ILR) in August 2011 after 5 years. I also got married to a British citizen in May 2011.

I have read through the naturalisation requirements for spouse of British citizens and I think I meet all the requirements because I am currently married to a British, residing in the UK for more than 3 yrs, and I also have no immigration time restriction.

The question I have is: Do I have to be married for the 3yrs to meet the residential requirements before I apply even though the requirements and guidelines do not specifically mention the length of marriage but the status at the time of application?

Thanks in anticipation of your responses.

boloney

Re: Naturalisation Question: marriage related!

Post by boloney » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:37 pm

jiggyjo wrote:Hi,

I came into the UK with a workpermit and just became a permanent resident (ILR) in August 2011 after 5 years. I also got married to a British citizen in May 2011.

I have read through the naturalisation requirements for spouse of British citizens and I think I meet all the requirements because I am currently married to a British, residing in the UK for more than 3 yrs, and I also have no immigration time restriction.

The question I have is: Do I have to be married for the 3yrs to meet the residential requirements before I apply even though the requirements and guidelines do not specifically mention the length of marriage but the status at the time of application?

Thanks in anticipation of your responses.
As far as I know you can apply for naturalization now as spouse of British Citizen, you Lived in the uk for long enough.

bumble-beeeee
Newly Registered

documentations

Post by bumble-beeeee » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:21 pm

i am in same situation. you just need to show that you've been residing in the uk for the past 3 years.

documentations such as p60s, employment letters, tenancy agreements, gp letters etc.

these documents are essential as it proves that you've been in the uk.

hope this has helped.

and good luck!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: documentations

Post by Jambo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:48 pm

bumble-beeeee wrote: documentations such as p60s, employment letters, tenancy agreements, gp letters etc.
Or intead of all the long list, just a passport (if you have one).

jiggyjo
Newly Registered

Post by jiggyjo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:38 am

Thanks Guys. I will now proceed.

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:37 pm

Jambo wrote:
bumble-beeeee wrote: documentations such as p60s, employment letters, tenancy agreements, gp letters etc.
even if he is eea national(no stamps in the passport).

aadam09
Newly Registered

Post by aadam09 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:30 pm

Jambo wrote:

Does it have to be a British or from the country they are from