ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My approval was lost :( Any advice?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arro239
Newly Registered

My approval was lost :( Any advice?

Post by arro239 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:53 am

My HSMP application was approvaed in August and they mailed my papers in the 26th of august. It's not in my postbox so far so i guess it was lost.

I've called the HSMP team and they told me they can only issue a new approval paper in 12 weeks - it's another two months to wait. I wonder if there is any sense in FAXing them to request a copy of my approval before that? I have a couple of email iterview invitations and i am now wasting time :(

Another question - anybody in same situation? ANybody arranged a courier to pick the papers - any hints? What is the pickup address?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:43 pm

Hi,

If they have mailed you the decision, your documents would be in the same post :(, as HO returns the documents with the decision letter.

Call up HO to confirm. Not an ideal situation to be in !!

regards

nizamm

Post by nizamm » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:45 pm

call HSMP and find out when they had posted it. also go to local post office and find out.

arro239
Newly Registered

Post by arro239 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:33 am

posted 26 aug. local post tells they have tons of bundles and i should wait

maar

Post by maar » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:43 pm

Get the royal mail reference number from HO and check with post office or in royal mail website.

I guess it takes 4 / 5 working days for within UK. Wait until tomorrow if within UK, might take another 2 / 3 days more if you are out of country...

You seems like more interested in approval letter alone rather than your documents :)

arro239
Newly Registered

Post by arro239 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:12 pm

i've called HSMP team they told me air mail has no reference numbers :(

local post office can not track with ref. number :(

efrew
Newly Registered

Post by efrew » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:05 pm

hi,

Any update with this? My application was approved and sent out about 3 weeks ago, and i'm still waiting for it in the mail. Normally, it only takes about 1 week to get from the UK to Australia, and i'm getting worried that it's lost or something.

I've also got my air ticket booked in about a month's time, so i'm going to need it soon to get EC. Can you get them to send another letter if you have an urgent request? Also, can you get FEDEX or an independent express post to collect the letter to send back?

efrew