ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About criminal convictions or any civil judgments etc.

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nartallo
Newly Registered

About criminal convictions or any civil judgments etc.

Post by nartallo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I will submit my PSW application on Monday and one final thing bothers me about it.

Several years ago, I was turning back to my country from the schengen zone using an indirect flight over another EU country, and an officer at the airport deported me saying that he cannot accept my schengen visa and I cannot use that airport as a transit passenger. We have visited the relevant department and then I took my own flight. And later I paid a fine to them so they have removed this ban.

Last year in my Tier 4 UK visa application, I have answered the question "have you ever been deported from another country? as yes and gave the explanation.

In my current PSW application,
-the item D23 asks "Has the applicant ever been removed from the UK?". there's no question about other countries.
-the item E1 asks "Has the applicant had any criminal convictions in the United Kingdom or any other country (including traffic offences) or any civil judgments made against them?"
-and the item E2 is asks the details such as name; nature of the "criminal offence" or the "civil action"; details of the "sentence" or "civil judgment".

So now here what I have in hand:

1) I don't have a proof for this incident. So I can only say what happened on what date in which country, that's all.
2) After the 6 periods of processing my applicaiton, I will be only left with 5 days to re-apply or appeal before my visa expires. In this case, I may not collect all the necessary documents to re-apply or appeal this decision which worries me. What will I do in that case?
3) most important: I am not sure my case (being deported from another country) is covered by E1 and so I don't want to create unnecessary complications.
4) A bit off-topic: I had a previous refusal for my Tier 4 application due to a missing document. I later made a 2nd application and got my current visa. Should I mention this refusal as well?

Other relevant information is:
-I have the copy of my old Tier 4 application and I can see that the two questions for deportation from UK and another country were separately asked from the question for criminal conviction. However, now I see that in the new Tier 4 forms, deportation from another country is not mentioned
-A year after this deportation incident I decided to make a check of this situation and contacted the embassy of this country. However they could not find ANY history on my name even by using the reference numbers I have provided them.
-I have already stated this incident in my previous Tier 4 application with an explanation.

Help is very much appreciated and sorry for this long post.