ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed for section 2.4 of Form AN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

algorithm00
Newly Registered

Help needed for section 2.4 of Form AN

Post by algorithm00 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:35 am

Merry Xmas to all. I am looking to apply for naturalisation as a British citizen and have a few questions please.
My history: - I got my PR approved and stamped in my passport in March 2011 but I attained PR automatically in September 2010.
Questions: -

1)Can I apply for naturalisation now since it is over 12 months since I automatically attained PR (in Sept 2010) or do I have to wait till March 2012 to apply?
2)As I am a non EEA family member of an EEA national, I have to fill section 2.4 of Form AN but I am a bit confused. Do I have to fill this section with my details of how I have exercised treaty rights for the last 6 years or my husband’s details (EEA national) for the last 6 years?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Help needed for section 2.4 of Form AN

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:07 am

algorithm00 wrote: 1)Can I apply for naturalisation now since it is over 12 months since I automatically attained PR (in Sept 2010) or do I have to wait till March 2012 to apply?
Yes. You can apply now. You will need to pass Life in the UK test before applying.
2)As I am a non EEA family member of an EEA national, I have to fill section 2.4 of Form AN but I am a bit confused. Do I have to fill this section with my details of how I have exercised treaty rights for the last 6 years or my husband’s details (EEA national) for the last 6 years?
The EEA national details as his activities are the one that matters (same as you did for the EEA4 form). The important period is Sep 2005-2010. You will need to provide the same evidence you used for the EEA4. If you wait till March 2012, you don't need to provide the evidence again.

algorithm00
Newly Registered

Post by algorithm00 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:40 am

Thanks very much Jambo for responding quickly.
Yes. You can apply now. You will need to pass Life in the UK test before applying.
I have passed the Life in the UK test already.

The EEA national details as his activities are the one that matters (same as you did for the EEA4 form). The important period is Sep 2005-2010. You will need to provide the same evidence you used for the EEA4. If you wait till March 2012, you don't need to provide the evidence again.
If I apply now, you have said to provide the same documents I used for EEA4 form which was for period Sept 2005 to Sept 2010. should I not include my husband's documents for up to the present time i.e. up to sept 2011? Having said that, since I already have the PR stamp, is it advisable to include passport and husband's documents for this last year only (sept 2010 - sept 2011)? Finally, If i wait till march 2012 you said I will not need to provide this evidence again,does this mean I will not have to fill section 2.4 at all?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:00 am

algorithm00 wrote: If I apply now, you have said to provide the same documents I used for EEA4 form which was for period Sept 2005 to Sept 2010. should I not include my husband's documents for up to the present time i.e. up to sept 2011?
you can but the important documents are the one showing 5 years of treaty rights ending one year before you apply.
Having said that, since I already have the PR stamp, is it advisable to include passport and husband's documents for this last year only (sept 2010 - sept 2011)?
i would just submit the evidence again. Make it simpler for them. It's not the same department that gave you the PR so better to provide the actual evidence.
, If i wait till march 2012 you said I will not need to provide this evidence again,does this mean I will not have to fill section 2.4 at all?
Correct. if you apply in March, you can skip the EEA section.

algorithm00
Newly Registered

Post by algorithm00 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:30 am

Thanks Jambo for the response. Really appreciate it.

I will apply now and include the exact documents I used for the EEA4 PR application up to Sept 2010. I will book an appointment with my local NCS tomorrow and will be sure to include my timeline in the relevant thread to let you guys know how it goes.

THANKS!!! :)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:40 am

Good luck. Please note that not all NCS are very familiar with EEA rules and might insist on 1 year from PR sticker date. You might need to ask them during the appointment to call HO to verify your eligibility (if they ask over the phone when booking the appointment, just say you have PR since September).

algorithm00
Newly Registered

Post by algorithm00 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:46 pm

Thanks for the tip. Will bear that in mind when I call.